DVB-S2 Channels Don't display (1 Viewer)

whitey

Portal Member
July 24, 2005
Notts, England
Home Country
England England
Hi,

I have a technotrend S3200 DVB-S2 card and a FiredDTV-S. The technotrend does not correctly scan channels on 28deg east (Sky UK) correctly, only about 10% appear with the correct channel names, the rest just have hex values. If I do the same scan with the fireDTV 99% of the channels are found correctly. Of the 10% of the channels the technotrend finds are the Sky HD channels on DVB-S2 transponders, but when I try to tune to these channels, MP just goes back to the beginning of the timeshift. (The DVB-S2 channels are not mapped to the FireDTV-S unit which I know is DVB-S only). I don't think it's a codec issue as BBC HD displays correctly (this is currently on a DVB-S tranponder), I'm using PowerDVD 7 as a video codec. Does anybody have MP working with Sky HD channels?

I have it all working in DVBViewer btw, but I prefer MP

Thanks

Whitey

whitey

Portal Member
July 24, 2005
Notts, England
Home Country
England England
Update.

Got one H.264/DVB-S2 channel working yesterday by first tuning into BBC HD (FTA/H.264/DVB-S) from cold start and then switching to a H.264/DVB-S2 channel. It only worked once though even after multiply TVservice restarts and PC restarts.

Whitey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom