DVB-T EPG grabber blocks tuners, TV Server will not be able to use them again (1 Viewer)

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    MediaPortal Version: 1.3.0

Description
    I have to manually kill the TV service almost every day (stopping it from TV server configuration or services doesn't work); before version 1.3.0 it lasted several weeks with no issues. I'm pretty sure this is all related to EPG because if I completely disable it, the problem goes away.

I have deselected the option to grab EPG only for selected channels (I always left it unchecked); then I have enabled only the channels that actually provide data (usually for several other channels as well). Grabbing while idle is enabled, as it's the only way to get the data, besides watching every channel until it has time to grab it -> not a solution. WebEPG is not ideal, several channels have no reliable source. I've disabled EPG for radio channels, as I don't use it for radio.

Other EPG parameters I'm using:
    • Always try to fill holes is disabled
    • Enable CRC check is enabled (in case it improves stability)
    • Grab EPG only for channels on same transponder is disabled
    • Always try to update existing entries is enabled
    • EPG grabbing while timeshifting / recording enabled, timeout 2 minutes (no clue what values should work best)
    • EPG grabbing while idle enabled, timeout 6 minutes (no clue what values should work best), refresh every 360 minutes (update every 6 hours)

Here I'm posting a log when this happens. The TV Server configuration was showing the two DVB-T tuners as available. Description of the test:
    1. Launch the TV Server configuration and verify that the two DVB-T tuners are free.
    2. Launch Media Portal and record one channel.
    3. Go to the TV Server configuration and check that one tuner is recording and the other is available.
    4. Start timeshiftting another channel. This fails with the message that there are no available tuners (presumably one is locked by EPG).
    5. I try to stop the TV service, but this also fails.
    6. I finally kill the TV service with the task manager.

BTW, language ids are duplicated a lot of times. I enable Spanish and Catalan, and in the database I can see like spa,spa,spa,spa,spa,spa,spa,cat,cat,cat.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1.- Enable EPG while idle.
    2.- Wait a couple of days.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for reporting here. (y)

So first, the issue could be that you've enabled the CRC checking. That can cause problems.
    If you disable the CRC checking, does it solve the problem?

Second, what I saw in the log files was the typical TsWriter deadlock after grabbing for channel "Canal Catala Barcelona".
    http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3947
    If you disable grabbing for that channel, does it solve the problem?

If the second option solves the problem, I will ask you to provide a TS dump for that channel so that we can examine the EPG content.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/4_Development/Debugging/TS_Dumps

mm

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks for the help!

I will disable CRC and EPG for Canal Català and see if it makes a difference. After that I'll need a few days to verify whether the problem is solved or not. If Canal Català does trigger the deadlock I'll post the TS dump.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks! (y)
    I'm a bit worried that the error is dependent on the content of the EPG. If that is the case, the error could go away after a few days.
    In other words, error might be caused by one description for a program on Friday 17 May. By the time you have checked CRC, that content will not be in the stream anymore.

So, if it is possible could you please grab the TS dump today?
    Then at least we have a "snapshot" of the EPG content, just in case the problem goes away... and this will allow us to reproduce later.
    Don't worry about uploading until after you've tested CRC etc. :)

PS: make sure to do the TS dump for at least one minute. The file will be large, but we need to make sure that we get all the EPG content.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm sending the file now, it's called "SPAIN_CANALCATALA_690000_T_CANALCATALABARCELONA_FTA".

There's about a minute and a half of dump. Please tell me if this dump helps, otherwise I can do another.

Thank you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

I'm analysing the dump file now, but it seems to be okay.
    Do you still have the TsWriter log file to go with the original logs?
    It would be very helpful if you could supply it...

mm

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here are the ones since May 1st, hope it helps. I can do another TS dump if that can help.

Attachments

• TsWriter.zip
      171.1 KB

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I was having the same error and switched to WebEPG as a workaround, I'd like to contribute...I'll reenaable the settings and try to reproduce the error now. As I have a multiseat setup, I presume you'll need the TV servers logs only or also the clients logs when this happens`?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom