Dvb-t epg text problem (1 Viewer)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Can you please verify the encoding of the corresponding columns in MySQL?

Here's what appears to be happening:
    In utf8 "ã" is encoded as hex C3A3 and "ç" as C3A7
    Now in ISO8859-1, C3 = Ã, A3 = £ and A7 = §

So it seems as if the data is stored in MySQL as utf8 but when retrieved it is assumed to be ISO8859-1 :confused:

Lufes

Portal Member
    June 8, 2012
    Alfragide, Lisboa, Portugal
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Sure i am attaching more examples .... 2 channels , just check the topic and the description.

Microsoft is getting right descriptions and topic, and MediaPortal not ...

Attachments

• Channel3-Microsoft.JPG
      Channel3-Microsoft.JPG
      61.1 KB
    • MediaPortal - channel-3.JPG
      MediaPortal - channel-3.JPG
      95.9 KB
    • Channel4-Microsoft.JPG
      Channel4-Microsoft.JPG
      66.6 KB
    • Channel4-mediaportal.JPG
      Channel4-mediaportal.JPG
      93.6 KB

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    This confirms my suspicions about encoding (but does not explain why exactly it is happening).

Could the database be corrupt? can you try with a new database?

Lufes

Portal Member
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    No ! corruption just instaled it 3 times from 0 and checked the information on the tables..... no way. Other text from other parts of the program are with right languange code. The database is UTF8 checked it, and also the tables.

The information is being put there by the grabber that puts it on that wrong format, and UTF accepts it. On the TV side it reads the correct information on the database table, so everything works ok.

No problem with database, maybe the problem is with the grabber. This will happen on portuguese, swedish and brasilian people.

Lufes

Portal Member
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Arion, just tested it on SQL , same problem ...... :( strange characters .... on dbo.program table. Same problem as in MySQL.
    I´ll do a replace script for wrong characters and replace it for the right ones. :(

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    What puzzles me is that this worked before 1.2.3 (or did I misunderstand?)

Also DVB-EPG and WebEPG work in very different ways. It is highly unlikely that they both show the exact same issue.

Lufes

Portal Member
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Arion, just tested with the old version 1.2.0 and the same problem ... The WebEPG for is not working for Portugal only gets the chanels not programs, i think the source is to old and it don´t get anything ...

Just checked about this problem in google and there are some identical problems in the past.
    It replaces the character like this table, and the problem is with accents:

ç - ç
    ã - ã
    á - á
    é - é
    ú - ú

But if I use Microsoft , it works like a charm without any problem.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    all this is strange, because i get all this european diacrytics from DVB-S EPG properly (at least no problems with ÖÄÜöäüßáéàè). The only difference that i set EPG languages to english and german. :confused:

Arion, is there any possibility to get detailed log about epg grabbing, not only how many entries and for what channel were inserted? and is there any difference between DVB-S abd DVB-T EPG Grabbers?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The only way to get more logging is creating a custom build.

DVB-S vs DVB-T shouldn't matter, although some broadcasters use custom tables for EPG, but that is not -S/-T specific.
    The curious thing is, the issue is also present in WebEPG, which is also fortunate as anyone can test and debug it (just map the right grabber to any channel and test)

Should I find some time, I will try to debug using WebEPG. Is there any specific Portuguese grabber I should try?

Lufes

Portal Member
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Arion, You can try this one for xml tests in: http://developers.blogs.sapo.pt/4736.html
    Channel List : http://services.sapo.pt/EPG/GetChannelList there are other functions on the page to get from date and program detail.

Strange because with Microsoft it works without any problems, as the software of the tv tunner.
    As i look to find a solution i got other people with same problem in older versions ....
    The program just reads the information in the table that is wrong, dummo why the grabber puts there that wrong characters.

About choosing the EPG languages, why we have there many options for Portugal ? I saw there 3 or 4 different choices for portuguese language ... Do they differ?

I can put a mysql script working for that, replacing the wrong characters.... but is a workarround and it´s stupid doing that ...

update <table_name>
    set <field> = replace(<field>,'’','\'');
    update <table_name>
    set <field>= replace(<field>,'…','...');
    update <table_name>
    set <field>= replace(<field>,'–','-');
    update <table_name>
    set <field>= replace(<field>,'“','"');
    update <table_name>
    set <field>= replace(<field>,'”','"');
    update <table_name>
    set <field>= replace(<field>,'‘','\'');