DVB-T Stuttering for RTL group (1 Viewer)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: SVN 21813
    MediaPortal Version: SVN 21813
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3 wide
    Windows Version: XP MCE 2005
    CPU Type: Athlon 64, 3500+
    HDD: Seagate 400 GB, SATA2
    Memory: 1,8 GB
    Motherboard: N/A
    Video Card: NV PV 7050 Onboard
    Video Card Driver: Newest from NV homepage
    Sound Card: C-Media device
    Sound Card AC3: N/A
    Sound Card Driver: N/A
    1. TV Card: WIN-TV Nova-T
    1. TV Card Type: PCI, DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: N/A
    2. TV Card: WIN-TV Nova-T
    2. TV Card Type: USB, DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: N/A
    MPEG2 Video Codec: From MP
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: From MP
    h.264 Video Codec: -
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: -
    HTPC Case: ThermalTake Tenor
    Cooling: 120 mm case fan
    Power Supply: Amacrox passive cooled, 400 W
    Remote: Win MCE R/C
    TV: ACER AT 3720
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI
    Missing Information: See attached MP log

If there is any information missing, it will be handed in ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Hi All.

My problem is like that:
    Since saturday evening all channels of the RTL-group are stuttering. Sound goes (mostly) without breaking, but the video stops, goes on, stops....Even the EPG for RTL, RTL2, SuperRTL and VOX does not show more than 8 hours. :mad:

When tuning from an unproblematic channel to e. g. RTL, I get 5 - 30 sec. black screen. After tuning to RTL, at least video is discontinuous, sometimes sound is too. If it does not tune to the channel after half a minute, the whole PC is frozen, that I have reset the HTPC. Signal quality is at least 90.

I left MediaPortal running on SuperRTL for the night, to see what happens, but this morning MP had crashed. (See attached log).

Some days ago, I had a similar problem on the ProSieben group, but after some changes with regional scanning and a second TV card, everything went fine.

If you think, this is a problem of using an SVN: It is not. I normally use the stable releases (Which is 1.0.0.0). But on saturday, I tried it with an older SVN to see what are the results, but the SVN behaves the same as the stable release does:
    RTL channels are not working.

Does anyone have an idea? A workaround? I see the WAF for my HTPC is falling bottomless depth...If you know what I mean.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    had no time to look at your logs... the signal quality is about 90 percent, but the signal strength (signalstärke, falls das auf englisch anders heisst ;) ) ?

had a similar problem, but was resolved after moving the antenna :)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Doesn't seem to be a problem of the antenna. I didn't change anything on the antenna position. As I changed, it didn't work even yesterday...

Problem is solved by making the channel search only in regional mode (Köln/ Bonn): Tadaaa, everythings fine.

This is not very nice, due to that MP finds 8 channels less, than with the "All regions" scan! When I use one TV-card with regional search and one with all regions, the problem reappears. Is this a bug? I didn't read of something similar in reports or the forum.

Thanks anyway.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm.... for me the problem came with dvb-t changes... moving the antenna worked ;)

but i did a full scan instead of regional, becuase regional found only 4 channels, full scan 23 :)

doesn't seam to be a mediaportal problem... guess it's a regional and hardware thing

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Doesn't seem to be a bug!

Dear All,

thanks for the replies.
    I didn't really believe this to be a bug of Mediaportal...Thus it seems to be a broadcast/ receiving problem. Although there is no official statement from the operator of DVB-T stations, concerning any change related to the broadcast conditions! And moving the antenna had no effect on my situation.

In another thread I explained this problem very detailed, as it occured with the ProSieben group.

Yesterday evening I conducted regional scanning and I found 26 channels, from which 4 where not usable due to stuttering (Tele5, NDR, two further channels).
    These 4 work fine with the "All regions-scan". I have found a workaround with the second TV-card. Might be fine for me to stick with that solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom