dvbsky t980c CI changing channel directly. Problem (1 Viewer)

gvr4

Portal Member
December 28, 2012
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have 3 tuners in my htpc. 2 hauppage wintv nova-t(freeveiw) and one dvbsky t980c with CI.
The problem I'm having is if I change channel from one scrambled channel directly to another scrambled channel. I get a message that it can not start timeshift or channel scrambled.
If I change from a free-view channel on a nova-t card to a scrambled on the dvbsky there is no problem. The other way around also works.
Or if I watch a scrambled channel and turn of live-tv, then change to another scrambled channel, that also works.
I have enabled cam for the dvbsky card and set it to unscramble max 1 channel.

Mediaportal version 1.3.0

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The DVBSky CI is not supported. I'm not sure how you're able to descramble any channels at all with it. Probably you're only able to use the channel that the CAM was previously decrypting in other software.

gvr4

Portal Member
    December 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I see. Is there any chance it will be supported in the future?[DOUBLEPOST=1370730952][/DOUBLEPOST]Tried it together with the wintv usb CI and it works fine now. Even though it shouldnt :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see. Is there any chance it will be supported in the future?[DOUBLEPOST=1370730952][/DOUBLEPOST]Tried it together with the wintv usb CI and it works fine now. Even though it shouldnt :)
    :)
    The DVBSky tuners seem to have some support for the Hauppauge DiSEqC interface as well.
    The native CI support may be added in future, but no commitment on timeframe.

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

:)

The DVBSky tuners seem to have some support for the Hauppauge DiSEqC interface as well.

The native CI support may be added in future, but no commitment on timeframe.

Oh Crap:) (Found this tread just a couple of weeks too late:)
    Just received one of the T980C hoping it would work together with my HVR4400 + CI.
    The HVR4400 has been running dead stable on all MP versions since you helped me out back in 2012. (Thanks again mm1352000)
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/scrambled-dvb-t-channels-hvr-4400-ci.88982/

It's actually working quite well running both cards and CI's, but found that, to avoid the scrambeled Channel message, it's best to stop the current channel before moving to the next. (Not optimal but at least i can view 2 channels at ones)

mm1352000, would there be any chance of you doing some magic to this issue to make it more stable?
    (Happy to do provide logs and do some testing to get this to work properly)

P.S
    I think i read somewhere that the T980C is more or less the same HW as the Mystique TeCaBiX. (Not that it's of any real importance for this issue)

R
    Nogge69

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Nogge69

I hope you are well! :)

It's actually working quite well running both cards and CI's, but found that, to avoid the scrambeled Channel message, it's best to stop the current channel before moving to the next. (Not optimal but at least i can view 2 channels at ones)

mm1352000, would there be any chance of you doing some magic to this issue to make it more stable?

(Happy to do provide logs and do some testing to get this to work properly)
    Well, if the DVBSky tuner is not capable of decrypting channels in MP, surely it should just be a case of disabling the CI/CAM for the DVBSky tuner?
    Then TV Server will only attempt to descramble channels with the HVR-4400 and WinTV CI... which should be successful if everything is working correctly.

mm

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi mm

Been awhile.
    I'm perfectly fine, and hope you are too:)

Well, the DVBSky actually are decrypting channels just fine. (Both cards do that)
    I have no problems watching 2 encrypted channels at once. (Or record one and watch another)
    But if I leave the HVR4400 running on one channel/client, and then use the DVBSky on another client, it seems like I have to be careful when switching channels on the DVBsky(Not switch directly, but stop the channel you are watching, and then start the next)
    So it actually looks like the DVBsky card needs some more time/delay to free the CI from one channel to the next channel.
    (Is there a way of adding a bit more time between changing channels, and see how it works out)

Would be nice if we could get this to work, since my wife is in a kind of "Recording spree", recording all kinds of non interesting TV shows:)
    (So the rest of us in the family is stuck with freeview channels or beeing forced into a small bedroom where the small spare TV, with the STB is:))

Haven't had much time to test, since I installed the DVBSky card yesterday, and I spent most of the night working, but I've attached a couple of logs from a quick test I did.

Logs Working.zip - this is when i stop the channel before changin to a new one. (Both cards seems to work fine)

Logs fast switching_problem.zip - is where i change channels on the fly, either by using ch+/ch- or directly from the guide.
    - In this case, the client running on the HVR4400 "freeze"

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Nogge69, did you ever get your DVBSky CI to work in MP natively?

Thanks in advance.

Hi pnyberg

Nope, still NO-GO on the DVBSky CI to work in MP. :-(
    Are using the DVBSky card on the freeview channels, and an hauppauge card with a USB CI on the coded ones.

Maybe donating a card to mm1352000 would speed things up, but that would prob. be an unofficial patch.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, thank you.

Will have to investigate the Dvblink route for the time being then...

That would probably work, but I don't know what the performance hit is, for channel changing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom