DVBSky T982 DUAl DVB-C Tuner only one Tuner works (1 Viewer)

SteffelGreen

Portal Pro
March 29, 2009
I got the T982 PCIe (Ver. 1.0b) dual DVB-C tuner on Win8.1 x64 with MP 1.5.

With DVBviewer both Tuner work.

In MP only one tuner works (the one near the PCIe BUS). Even if I change the priortity or disable the working on.
I also testet all options generic, dvbc, preload ....mapping channel is also Ok.

If I tune in, the failure "Nosignaldetected" appears.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello SteffelGreen

Stick with "generic". It looks like that can work.
    If you're testing with DVBViewer and MP, make sure you close DVBViewer and then restart the TV service before testing again with TV Server.

Could you please try increasing the "tune" timeout here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General#Scan_Tab

...to 5 seconds. You need to restart the TV service after changing that value.

mm

SteffelGreen

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    I tested hours different options.
    After installing WMC fpr Win8.1 and DVB-C tool for WMC from the DVBsky site I could start sometimes the second tuner in MP, but after restart i cant switch it on.

With the TV Server settings for DVB-T in the upload, I could start the tuner few times.

Attachments

• TVServer.png
      TVServer.png
      50.5 KB

SteffelGreen

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    Now I can definitly reproduce the problem:

If I start the PC - the second Tuneer does not work.
    If I shutdown (= fast start Win8.1) the second Tuner does not work.

If I go Standby (S3) and start MP, now the tunes could start after a few seconds. ("tune" time in TV Server has no effect!)
    If I stop and restart TV Server, i cant start the tuner any more. I have to go first into standby.

I tested bios option like EuP or Windows options like PCIe power managment low/high/none... with no effect.

Chatslet

January 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you manage to get it working in the newest version? I'm looking to buy a pair of these card myself to set up a mediaportal server.

Rafale

January 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the exact same problem using mediaportal 1.6 and Windows 7 x64. So it probably has nothing to do with your hardware. The second tuner always reports "no signal detected", even when I disable all other tuners. I mailed dvbsky support to look into this, but will be surprised if they do.

Can one of the experts tell us what to log in mediaportal? It probably is just some minor issue when starting the tuner.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    I also need new cards, is this issue fixed?

could you please say other few words about: tuning speed, are there BSODs or is the driver stable?

thx
    pOpY

Wolfgang.Lambertz

Portal Member
    April 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is persisting. I reproduced the situation with T982 drivers from February and April(1.8.403.0) this year (2014). MP-TV-Server Version: 1.6.0.0
    Since the Card is working properly with DVBSky Player and DVBViewer Demo i think we can consider to be confirmed that this is somehow a MediaPortal issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom