DVBSky T982 DUAl DVB-C Tuner only one Tuner works (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Since the Card is working properly with DVBSky Player and DVBViewer Demo i think we can consider to be confirmed that this is somehow a MediaPortal issue.
    I reject that assumption... or at least I think it is not fair to say that this problem is isolated to MediaPortal. Consider:
    http://www.argus-tv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4750

We have never claimed to support these cards. It is unfortunate that you've having problems with them. Personally I can't see any problem in what MP is doing. It is possible that the DVBSky driver requires different handling than other cards, and we'd be happy to receive information from DVBSky if that is the case.

Wolfgang.Lambertz

Portal Member
    April 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your objection.
    Is it possible that ArgusTV and MP do have partially shared code base? If not I'd say that DVBViewer would adress the card differently in a way that works. BTW: DVBSky Player and DVB-Viewer are of same origin. Perhaps for proper operation there is some proprietary/secret info needed.

Today I contacted my dealer to work on this issue and these guys confirmed they would contact DVBSky about this issue. They stated that support between them and DVBSky would be excellent and nearby 24/7. So I am exited about this beeing proven.
    Has any cooperation between MP-developers and DVBSky happend before?
    I wonder why DVBSky is listing MediaPortal as a partner, if no helpful information was being passed to resolve this issue.
    http://www.dvbsky.net/Partners.html

If DVBSky will agree to cooperate on this issue is there anybody in the MP-development team who would join in? I will be happy to make contacts as soon as i can.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it possible that ArgusTV and MP do have partially shared code base?
    If they do then I can't say. MP is open source but Argus is closed, so no chance to compare. Of course the DVBSky player and DVBViewer are also closed source so I can't check for any "secret source" there either.

Has any cooperation between MP-developers and DVBSky happend before?
    Only a few brief contacts to get their SDK for implementation in the next generation version of TV Server. Maybe this was enough for them to add us to their partner list. We didn't ask for them to add us but we appreciate the gesture. I note that the SDK doesn't say anything about special requirements for tuning. It relates mostly to the CI slot, DiSEqC and remote control support.

If DVBSky will agree to cooperate on this issue is there anybody in the MP-development team who would join in?
    I'm happy to communicate with them... though I don't have any of their hardware and I don't have access to DVB-C to test this particular problem.

Do you know if the problem also occurs with the DVB-T side of the tuners?

Wolfgang.Lambertz

Portal Member
    April 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you know if the problem also occurs with the DVB-T side of the tuners?
    I could give it a try if needed but, i think sckn from that ArgusTV forum stated that he had that problem with DVB-T (did not have cable either).

My dealer provided me with a card for testing this issue in my machine so i could as well assist you. But I guess there will be a way to get a card for testing purposes from DVBSky to NZ since this would open up a market which seems to be blocked right now.

Wolfgang.Lambertz

Portal Member
    April 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi y'all, dear mm1352000 and dear bettershopping,

@bettershopping: thank you for your generous offer! (y)

I would very much like to read about some successful cooperation which could have happend between you guys. :) So Whazzzup? ;)
    As far as I could see in the current changelog there was no reference to this issue. :(
    Would it be necessary to file an "official" bugreport?

Before I reduce my amazon rating (of that Card) I would like to know if there are undergoing efforts.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Wolfgang

As far as I could see in the current changelog there was no reference to this issue.
    If you'd read the release news for MP 1.6:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/mediaportal-1-6-0-final-released

... you'd know that TV Server is in code freeze. That means no changes should be expected. I haven't made contact for that reason: DVBSky CI support (and many many other improvements) are included in TVE 3.5. My focus is on getting TVE 3.5 to a point where it is stable enough to be released and replace TVE 3. There is more work to do than I can handle.

Regards,
    mm

Wolfgang.Lambertz

Portal Member
    April 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mm,
    thank you for your Advice, it is greatly appreciated. Yes indeed I did not know about the code freeze and up do date I would not have known in which way TVE 3 contributes to MP.

But please give me hand for am a bit puzzled about your answer.:unsure: If you already knew that on April 5, 2014 why did you not say so ? Instead you wrote:
    I'm happy to communicate with them... though I don't have any of their hardware and I don't have access to DVB-C to test this particular problem.
    This made the impression on me you were eager to get a card an would be happy to work on this issue. Your last answer seems to indicate something has changed.

On the other hand if you are part of the development of TVE 3.5 wouldn't it be great if you had that card to check that TVE 3.5 works flawlessly?

Best regards
    wl

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm happy to clarify... :)

This made the impression on me you were eager to get a card...
    As I said in April: I don't have access to DVB-C. There is only one DVB-C provider in NZ. Their network is not available where I live. So, if the problem is with DVB-C then there would be no point for me to get a card. I wouldn't be able to do anything with it.

If anybody can confirm that the problem also occurs with DVB-T then that would be a different story.

...an would be happy to work on this issue.
    I said I'd be happy to communicate with DVBSky if they wanted to co-operate with us. I'm still happy to do that.

Your last answer seems to indicate something has changed.
    No, nothing has changed.

On the other hand if you are part of the development of TVE 3.5 wouldn't it be great if you had that card to check that TVE 3.5 works flawlessly?
    Yes it would be great to check that TVE 3.5 works flawlessly, but without access to DVB-C this is not something I can personally do.

Let's try a different approach...
    @Developers
    @Testers
    Who has access to DVB-C and would be willing to lead work on this issue if they could get hardware? :)

Wolfgang.Lambertz

Portal Member
    April 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In Case you forgot: The Card is also capable to work with DVB-T(2) and I mentioned before that we have hints (on the Argus-TV Forum you directed me to) that the issue occurs equally with DVB-T too. This seems to be reasonable since it is the same driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom