DVD Decryptor ripped movies will not play in MP

Discussion in 'General Support' started by theruckman, January 4, 2010.

1. theruckman

theruckman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have ripped the majority of my DVD's with DVD Fab and then have no prb viewing the movie in MP (via Moving Pictures). I have ran into a few movies lately that I could not rip with DVDFab BUT successfully ripped with DVD Decryptor -BUT will not play in MP. They will play OK with VLC but not MP. I am quite sure its just a codec prb but how can I adjust that?

thx

Scott

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mariusau

mariusau Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Have you set up MP to use Daemon tools for ISO's?

4. theruckman

theruckman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I am ripping to VOB not ISO, I should not have to worry about that, right?

5. -Manfred-
    • Premium Supporter

-Manfred- Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +350 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    What is the folder structure? MP will only play several .VOBs (DVD structure) if VIDEO_TS folder exists and VIDEO_TS.IFO is found among .VOBs inside that.

Single .VOB can be played anywhere but not able to change audio or subtitle track then.

6. theruckman

theruckman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

guys, dont know how much this will help but above is a screen cap of a movie that plays and another that doesnt. The one on the LEFT was ripped with DD and DOES NOT play with MP but just fine with VLC. The one on the RIGHT was ripped with DVDFab and DOES PLAY fine in either one (VLC or MP). NOW, there obviously IS a difference here in the amount of files. And I noticed the one that does play OK has "BUP" files but the other does not.

Hope this helps?

thx!

Scott

I could not tell if the image showed up so just in case, here is the link:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!