Memory: Corsair PC800 4 GB
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD4550
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.4
Sound Card: Realtek ALC888
Sound Card AC3: SPDIF
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 1100
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid

okay, i have this small problem which is really annyoing: if i play an .iso in mediaportal, everything works fine at first: the image loads, i can access the dvd menu and navigate just fine. the movies play fine as well. the problem is: if i want to jump ahead 15 secs, the movie does this but the info screen at the bottom won't dissapear after the jump and from then on, nothing works anymore. i have to reset the htpc in order to get it working again.

it only happens with iso-files, not with avi's or mkv's, so i figure it must have something to do with the codec/navigator. i only have mpc and ffdshow (same effect). i tried installing powerdvd 9, but then the iso's wouldn't even start in mp...

any ideas?

steveperthau

Portal Member
August 19, 2007
Home Country
Catalyst 9.4 fixed it for me

Hi,
I'm having similar probs to you:
The dvd navigation issue is the same when i have EVR selected.

You might want to check out this post.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/vrm9-video-problems-xpsp3-mp-1-0-2-0-a-68542/

So basically:
EVR = .avi ok / dvd navigator not ok
VMR = .avi not ok / dvd navigator ok

I uninstalled catalyst 9.7 and reinstalled 9.4 and no longer have an issue with either using VMR. It would appear that Mediaportal does not like the newer drivers however it works just fine in every other program i have... :confused:

its a bit tricky to find the old catalyst on the amd site, try: Graphics Drivers & Software
select relevant info
under Additional Links:
select
Previous Drivers and Software

good luck
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom