DVD playback issues (1 Viewer)

Mangled Poly

Portal Member
December 4, 2005
Hi,
In media portal I am having wierd issues with dvds playing on some dvds (lord of the rings it plays fine) on others (Gladator or Pirates of the caribean) I doesnt play right. Is there some kind of lock on those dvds, because gladator plays fine in the dvd software it came with when you load up the dvd so does pirates...

Any Ideas?

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
CoolHammer said:
Could you explain more about problems you have. Using a template is allways a good idea.

CoolHammer

He problably has the same issue as i (still figuring out what is the problem)

On some DVD's you get a black screen with sound. This is the main menu, but the menu doesn't show. When you use the OSD to select the "root menu" the menu will restart and then it will show. I still trying to figure out what can be the problem (codec, software or something else)

It doesn't happen on all dvd's

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

best settings for DVD:
    Video: MPEG2Dec
    Audio: MPEG/AC3/...
    Navi: DVD Navigator
    Renderer: VMR9

Importand is also the connection PC->TV. If you use SVHS Windows XP blocks the output, because of "copyprotection".

Flip.

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    FlipGer said:
    Hi,

best settings for DVD:
    Video: MPEG2Dec
    Audio: MPEG/AC3/...
    Navi: DVD Navigator
    Renderer: VMR9

Importand is also the connection PC->TV. If you use SVHS Windows XP blocks the output, because of "copyprotection".

Flip.

I'm using Dscaler as codec (the rest the same), because i think that one had the best results for me. Can you tell me quickly what the difference is between the two.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

hmmm, no. :)

Its not easy to say what the differences are. I do not know the internals. Also some codecs work better on this system or bad on that system. DScaler may have a better picture quality / deinterlacer. MPEG2Dec is better tested with MP.

Generally: Do not mix up codecs. Take all from one vendor. Eg. InterVideo, take video, audio and navigator from InterVideo. DScaler, use video and audio codecs from DScaler, etc.

Flip

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Look at log file it could contain some hints what went wrong during dvd playback.

Hmm, i currently use dscaler, i need to test dvd with MPEG2Dec also.

CoolHammer

mr.white

Portal Member
    June 13, 2004
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same problem with dvd´s

All of my dvd movies works perfekt in power dvd.

But with mp i have to change codec all the time because some dvd´s work with dscaler and som don´t and some with MPEG2Dec and so on ...

it seems that alot of mp users has this problem and nothing is done with it

For me the dvd part of MP is the most important if that don´t work as it should then i have to use another software.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Everyone who has problems with DVD playback please fill in support template and possibly post parts of the MediaPortal logs. Without those information it's not possible for the devs to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom