DVDProfiler Boxsets (1 Viewer)

Puhkipsy

November 3, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I have MP 1.2 installed with MyFilms 6 and the latest StreamedMP as skin.

I use DVDProfiler for my XML export. In DVDProfiler, I have the Boxset itself as a profile, with each film with it as a Child profile. When I export to XML and import to MyFilms the linking of boxset and the films is lost. Is there any way within MyFilms that I can recreate it?

I've seen mention in the wiki of a the Context Menu that allows you to create a boxset, however I don't seem to have this (I only get Context options 1-9). Even if it were there, would it just create a separate Boxset entity, rather than linking it to the item in the XML that I already have?

Any help gratefully received. I've been searching high and low for the answer.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Puhkipsy - welcome to MediaPortal and My Films!

IIRC the create a boxset/group context menu options apply only to catalog types where you can update your catalog in MF (i.e. AMC or catalogs created in MF via AMC Updater). Perhaps @Guzzi can confirm that? If so, I should make that clearer in the wiki, sorry!

The question is, does DVD Profiler export the profile (parent/child) info? If not, then I doubt there is much we can do, because even if you created box sets in My Films that data would be lost whenever you re-export updates from your DVD Profiler catalog. Unfortunately every movie catalog app seems to use a different method for 'Grouping' films.

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    MyFilms currently does NOT support any grouping from external catalogs.
    If this should happen, it would have to be added to the import filter of the respective catalog - DVDprofiler in this case.
    If it is possible depends on how the information is stored/available in DVDprofiler export format.
    If you send me or post a sample catalog, I could have a look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom