DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite recommendations ????? (1 Viewer)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Marcusb While I dont have the no Signal problem, mine just records very badly. It used to lockup heaps but that seems to be fixed. Now either 1 records good and other records stuttering (for 1 second of good footage, theres a 2 second stutter) or they both come out really stuttery.

S

stranger2005

Another thing that may help you guys out is this thread

[url]http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8146
    [/url]

You may or may not have done this but it just a reminder to everyone. A few other things, I had stuttering problems way back in 0.1.2.0 because I was using a DirectX 8 card (gforce 4600). I then purchased a ATI 9550 256 card and everything has been sweet since then except for the subsequent tuning problems that came shortly after 0.1.2.0 in cvs.

Some further things to check are splitters or anything that can reduce the signal on your tv plug. To cut a long story short, 0.1.3.0 was working perfectly, until I started using a splitter and then MP wouldn't record at all. 0.1.3.0 tunes to the wrong frequencies in Melbourne. I believe it was fixed in 0.2.0 rc so what I did was tune the channels with 0.2.0 and uninstall and then went back to 0.1.3.0 and that fixed my splitter problem.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Can I also confirm that after reading this thread and downloading the updates mentioned above I have been able to tune my Dvico lite card into 17 digital channels in my area of Australia (Townsville NQ) YIPPEE. Thankyou stranger for you're advice I am using 0.1.3.0. I have not tried recording yet---will tonight. This should output a DVR-MS file shouldn't it?

regards jestroy

A

Anonymous

stranger2005 said:
    FYI I have dual Dvico Lites and they work with 0.1.3.0 and the RC1 drivers. I have had the occasional crash but I also get that with MCE. 0.2.0 works but only in full screen when watching tv. If I use the menu it stutters so I have reverted back to 0.1.3.0 seems to be the most stable version I have ever used.

When you say RC1 drivers, do you mean the dvico rc1 drivers??

A

Anonymous

Can someone confirm exactly what software versions/drivers they are using to get MP to tune with DVICO cards. I am trying MP for the first time and cant even get past the first step of tuning my 2 DVICOs. Just goes through the auto-tune and doesnt pick up any channels at all.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I read (just today) that many people are having problems with more than one TV card. I know that this isn't any help, but just to let you know "you aren't alone."

Here is the last post (yes I know they aren't the same card):
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10005&highlight=

Here is another thread (this time with the same manufacturer as you have): http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7184&start=15

And another thread: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9963&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=dual

gwood

Portal Member
    May 19, 2005
    Melbourne
    stranger2005 said:
    Another thing that may help you guys out is this thread

I then purchased a ATI 9550 256 card and everything has been sweet since then except for the subsequent tuning problems that came shortly after 0.1.2.0 in cvs.

Stranger2005 - do you have DNTV Live installed ?

and
    what codecs are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom