[DXVA] VC1, Radeon HD 6310 and Microsoft Codec (1 Viewer)

p750mmx

Portal Pro
November 2, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
With audio passthrough you mean on my receiver? I think I do, how will I know for sure? Video and audio are both going out by HDMI from my Foxconn to a Yamaha HD receiver.
Yes SAF is unlocked thank you.

There seems to be a major difference in the stutter if a extern sub is displayed or not. I must look in to that also it seems.

Update: I can't find a optimal setup when using external subs. Not with ffdshow DXVA with the subs enabled and not with CoreAVC with mpc-HC as subtitle codec. Not with SAF 5.xx or 6.xx. I still have a stutter with 1080p and external subs. The CoreAVC/mpc-HC combination gives the best results but still some 1080p files give a stutter. The local placed Drive Angry with DTS-HD audio give the same stutter as played from NAS so that brings nothing new.

Disabling external subs brings a stutter-free view, of all files, only the DTS-HD mkv gives a light but acceptable stutter.

Maybe the AMD Fusion E-350 can't be setup a 100% at this time because it's to new?

Anyone have one or more suggestions or ideas?

Update 2: Problem solved, I had Windows Aero disabled (don't ask me why). Enabling it resolves the stotter, at this moment everything runs fine inclusive Full-HD MKV streams with HD-audio. I'm using SAF 6.xx unlocked.

Update 3: I'm back to SAF 5 becouse some AAC audio could not be played with the latest SAF 6.

mashipx

Portal Member
July 30, 2007
HI guys,
i have the asus E35M1-M amd fusion board. Before i had an amd 770 chipset with radeon 4550 silent card, everything ran flawleassly using SAF in MEPO.
now since changing to the new asus mobo i cant really play my 1080p large files (10gig plus) without serious stutter or sound sync problems.
i had to remove SAF (unlocked of course) and install coreavc, then reinstall SAF to use the FFdshow audio codec to send sound to my av receiver.
i can now just about watch a film with minimal stutter and good audio, i dare not try subs.
if anyone has found a way to get these boards performing properly in MEPO please tell me how. i consider my self a seasoned user of MEPO and im stummped with this one. ive tried different versions of amd/ati drivers etc etc with no luck.
I just want to use SAF by its self just like i aways did.
PS ive also tried the SAF 6.0 experimentals to with no luck, and now i cant get rid of the PPmuxer codec.

sorry just to add im using winxp pro latest updates and i have an ssd drive which helps with the gui speeds etc. 2 gig 1066 ram. ive tried to play a 1080p file locally and no difference from my file server, all antivirus and firewalls are off.
when i do get it working with coreavc my cpu is running between 88% and 98% stutter appears when it spikes at 100%. cant be right when using dxva cpu shudnt rise above 20% and gpu 50% - 60%.
ive got a feeling this fusion gpu/cpu thing aint to great with compressed 1080p hd content. maybe only 1080p hd blueray films from disc are meant to work????

analist

July 18, 2011
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
mashipx:I have e350 too, I got everything working, well, including subtitles. ( I'm using the MPC-HC subtitle engine)

I'm using the Shark007 Windows 7 codec pack. (The Shark007 Vista codec pack works on XP). It includes the Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 codecs (PDVD11), which - I'm guessing - uses hw acceleration.
After the you intall the codec pack, in the packs Settings application, set the vc1, and h264 decoders to pdvd11. And don't forget to set the MPEG-2 and H.264 decoders to the Cyberlink decoders in the MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and renderer menu.

I have windows7, so you experience may be different.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't like codec packs, so I only have coreavc and ffdshow tryouts installed. I use coreavc for h264 decoding and ffdshow for audio decoding (in mediaportal config). ffdhow video configuration (both the normal and the dxva decoder) is set to normal preference, audio is left at default. In ffdshow dxva decoder settings, I have enabled hardware acceleration for VC1 and h264. In audio decoder settings, all passthrough options are turned on (in output). It may be possible that you can turn off the normal ffdshow video decoder, but I haven't tested this. Core Avc is set as prefered decoder. Everything works fine, except DTS-MA in .m2ts files. I believe this is caused by Haali Media splitter (installed optionally by CoreAVC). The Gabest / MPC-HC mpeg splitter can play DTS-MA flawlessly (I've tested this only with MediaPlayer Classic Home Cinema edition). Subtitles are enabled in mediaportal config.

For those interested:

Using this: New Haali Splitter vs Gabest Matroska - AVS Forum I got DTS-MA running in .m2ts files while. Now I have all of my media files running with only a handfull of codecs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom