Editing on screen menu (RMB) settings to minimise unused menu items (1 Viewer)

David Zakarias-Welch

Portal Member
December 8, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
men u 2.jpg
menu items.jpg
If you right click you can get access to some useful stuff like delete recording etc but there is alway a bunch of other stuff in there that you just never use and really gets in the way of the simple task you want to achieve.
There are too many ways to configure the app and I would like to know if it is possible to remove or re order some of these menu items. I have attached some grab so you know where I mean,

An example of this is that when you RMB in the recorded tv list the main thing you will want to do is delete the show but the first option is to play the show.
Playing the show isn't an 'ALT' option, it's the primary option so just selecting the show with 'OK' on the remote does the job. It should NOT be in the RMB ALT menu.

I do feel that some UX and UI would make this a whole load more friendly.

Note - I have been a professional software QA for 15 years, so see this kind of thing a lot.

I think the simplification of the UI when it is configured would greatly help with the adoption of the app as the go to PVR app.

men u 2.jpg menu items.jpg

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    An example of this is that when you RMB in the recorded tv list the main thing you will want to do is delete the show but the first option is to play the show.
    In the list of recordings, move the focus to the recording that you want to delete, and then press the "0" (zero) button on the remote control; that will display the delete dialogue. This also works for recordings in the "Video" section, and also for folders (complete with their contents!).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom