Effects plugin (1 Viewer)

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
How do you get the image to scale or tile? I have a image at the original size going down at the left of my screen. Like takeing some paper and covering part of the monitor then moving it down.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great plugin!! This really seperates MP from the pack.. visually that is.

But, What's happening here?

Homefog.png

eLow

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    The Netherlands
    wishywashy said:
    How do you get the image to scale or tile? I have a image at the original size going down at the left of my screen. Like takeing some paper and covering part of the monitor then moving it down.

The plug-in doesn't take care of the resizing part yet as I understand. So in the mean time just adjust your window to the size of the background picture. :)

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    I cant seem to get it to work. I put the plugin dll in the process folder. and copied the fog2.png into three seperate directories (BlueTwo/Media, plugin/process, BlueTwo) folders and it doesnt seem to show. I didnt use the installer to install MediaPortal. Since I always download the CVS, I just compile and put it in "C:\Program Files\MediaPortal". Are the paths to the images hardcoded???? Could this be it?

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    eLow said:
    The plug-in doesn't take care of the resizing part yet as I understand. So in the mean time just adjust your window to the size of the background picture. :)

Lol, ok. It's a good start anyway. Could be useful for scrolling banners to (ie. "Welcome to the WishyWashy Home Theater" scrolling across the top)
    Maybe OSD info in a small scrolling banner.
    Besides the obvious on screen weather front.
    Definite possibilities here.

Smirnoff, great plug in so far!

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    Yes. I added
    Code:
    <control><id>666</id><type>imageeffect</type><texture>fog2.png</texture><direction>up</direction></control>

as the first line under <controls> in both home.xml and myvideo.xml. Not working. I have fog.png and fog2.png in threee seperate directories as i mentioned above

Update: It works now. Seems I had to that entry the LAST item under <controls> instead of the first. Silly me :lol: :lol: cuz the background was probably being painted on top of the effect. :lol:

eLow

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    The Netherlands
    htpcNoob said:
    Yes. I added
    Code:
    <control><id>666</id><type>imageeffect</type><texture>fog2.png</texture><direction>up</direction></control>

as the first line under <controls> in both home.xml and myvideo.xml. Not working. I have fog.png and fog2.png in threee seperate directories as i mentioned above

Just one will do. ;-) It should be in the \media directory. Add the lines below the background in the xml files. That's probably it.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I think I got it to work too now.......but i also have the wrong resolution it seems.

the pngs seem to be 720x576 while I run MP at 1024x768

I thought simply resizing the pngs would have the desired effect, but now I lost the effect completely.

eLow could you maybe resize them for me maybe, since I only have windows paint available at the moment I'm thinking it might screw up the pngs during the process.

Thnx in advance

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    Noob
    Never mind, just saw your edit

Try this and see what you get.

<control>
    <description>backgroundimage</description>