Effects plugin (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

There is a new plugin in the works called my effects. The plugin has now been tested and it can do the following:

Scroll one ore more image layers at a speed that you define. This gives a very nice and subtle cloudy background that looks great. This means that skinners will not have to create a animated gif to use as a background, something that really is hard to get smooth and to look good.

Some more testing is needed on this plugin but I must say it is a nice enhancement that some of you might enjoy :). When it is done we will try to get it in CVS for the next release.

Who did this then? Well some time ago I had a chat with Smirnoff on wanting to enhance the visual experience, he had several ideas on this topic and started to work on this. I would like to say thanks to him and let him know that this is something that I been wanting since day one and he helped out on that, big thanks it is much appriciated :)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Sounds good. How'd it work, could you perhaps have a stationary background (eg the mountains) and have the clouds moving very slowly across the background?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Excellent.......I think I suggested something like this for your new skin :)

A screeny maybe? :)

A

Anonymous

Inker said:
    Excellent.......I think I suggested something like this for your new skin :)

A screeny maybe? :)

A screenshot is pointless since it is very subtle moving and it will only look like a background :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    :oops:

ur right of course.......what was i thinking :) cant wait to see it though

Keep it up

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Is this going to be included in any of the upcoming releases? Havent heard anything new about it

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    That's kinda close to the effect that we've created.

The reason that its not been released yet is that I've been slow in tidying this code up prior to submitting it to SF - I've got my fingers in too many pies!!!

In fact, I've been rather cruel to Samsonite, gave him a taste of what he wants but have been too mean to take it any further ;).

eLow

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Smirnoff said:
    That's kinda close to the effect that we've created.

The reason that its not been released yet is that I've been slow in tidying this code up prior to submitting it to SF - I've got my fingers in too many pies!!!

In fact, I've been rather cruel to Samsonite, gave him a taste of what he wants but have been too mean to take it any further ;).

We live in a cruel world. :) So now go put all your fingers in this little pie and give us the eye candy! Without meaning to sound too demanding, offcourse. :)

I'd be happy with an unofficial alpha pre-release also. I'm considering doing my own skin and this would be great to try to implement.

Anyway, I know it's all about priorities. That's why you'll never see me tidying up anything ever. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom