EGP, XMLTV and DirecTV (1 Viewer)

Vanessa

Portal Pro
May 31, 2006
hi guys

I live in south america. I have a single xml file (TVxb) for my tv guide but need the tv guide with descriptions too.

I have DirecTV. And the program guide for latin america are equal for all countries. (only diferents hours)

Anyone have a xml or ini file of EPG for DirecTV with descriptions?

rgs :wink:

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You can use XMLTV or my Zap2it plugin that is in development to get full DirecTV listings from Zap2it for DirecTV Latin America.

The important thing is to use this "fake" zipcode for your location 101VENE instead of a US zipcode :)

The "fake" non-US zipcodes for Zap2it data are (in case anyone else has the same question) as follows:

Bermuda Cablevision: use 147BERM
    Wow World on Wireless - Hamilton, Bermuda: use 366HAMI
    DirecTV Latin America: use 101VENE
    Mexico uses 904MEXI or 954MEXI
    Trinidad Express uses 512TRIN
    Americable International Japan, Inc. - Yokota Air Force Base, JPN: use 782YOKO

So, you should be able to do the following:

1. Go to http://labs.zap2it.com and signup with the "zipcode" above. Even though it is satellite, DirecTV will show up as "cable", select it anyway. You will also need a certificate code to signup with (for my Zap2it plugin you would use MEPO-ZE5N-CBGB)

2. Either use the instructions in the post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12165 for XMLTV or download the zap2it plugin (see the following post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=16034)

Let us know your results :)

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    • Banned
    :D Thank you so much!!! works great...i have full descriptions!!! but...

I can't see my local tv channels. I live in Colombia and some times in chili.

Can i add my local channels? Can i combine this with my local TVxb channels? :D

I can't see the channel icons.

This channels are get from Venezuela and the channels numbers on my country are different. For example:
    Nick channel appears like 152 and in colombia Nick Channel are 308.

I need edit each channel on configuration app? rgs! i'm very happy!

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    I don't see any reason why you can't run your TVxb import too as long as the channels listings don't overlap (e.g. just use TVxb for local channels not in the Zap2it lineup)

Zap2it doesn't provide channel icons unfortunately :( I think many people have manually downloaded icons (e.g. from www.satlogo.com)

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    • Banned
    bradsjm said:
    I don't see any reason why you can't run your TVxb import too as long as the channels listings don't overlap (e.g. just use TVxb for local channels not in the Zap2it lineup)

Zap2it doesn't provide channel icons unfortunately :( I think many people have manually downloaded icons (e.g. from www.satlogo.com)

Thank's i will import from xmltv too.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    vanessa_cl said:
    hi guys
    I live in south america. I have a single xml file (TVxb) for my tv guide but need the tv guide with descriptions too.

Vanessa, normally any site TVxb supports can be supported by WebEPG.

/James

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    • Banned
    James said:
    vanessa_cl said:
    hi guys

Vanessa, normally any site TVxb supports can be supported by WebEPG.

/James

Yes i know but my TVxb file does not have descriptions and Txb are very slow.

Zap2it are too fast and accurate

Now. if you know a TVxb file for Chili and Colombia with full descriptions please say me

rgs

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    I looked on the frappr map and was only able to find Simius who is located in Valinhos, Sao Paulo (Brazil). Too bad everyone doesn't place their country/city/region/state when they sign up in the MP forum, would be easier to find a person in the local like you are.

Mike

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Vanessa said:
    Now. if you know a TVxb file for Chili and Colombia with full descriptions please say me
    rgs

We have our own grabbing program. So no need to use TVxb, if you know of a site which has good guide data let me know ;)

But Zap2it is fine if it has all your required channels.

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    James said:
    Vanessa said:
    rgs

We have our own grabbing program. So no need to use TVxb, if you know of a site which has good guide data let me know ;)

But Zap2it is fine if it has all your required channels.

An Example:
    http://www.vtr.cl/portalcable/busca...cador=&palabra=&rep=1&canal=38&dia=27&hora=hh

When click on movie title a popup window appear with all info and screenshot too.

rgs. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom