Empty Recording file (1 Viewer)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Sorry for posting new thread but previous ones with same names could be related to another problems and too old.
    I cant watch/record only one channel on transponder. others are fine. Tried rescan with no luck. Tried with and without CAM module.
    Logs attached, dump uploading. I can see fake PIDs problem in tswriter logs. Maybe this is the problem? Dump has video and audio from this channel btw.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Edalex

I cant watch/record only one channel on transponder.
    Could you please confirm the channel name. Disney or sts?
    Is any timeshifting/recording file created? Even a 0 kB file?

Have you tried the patch here?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...pn-over-sky-germany.102158/page-4#post-916565

You could also try this one, though it is unlikely to help:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-start-of-timeshift.112708/page-3#post-919686

I can see fake PIDs problem in tswriter logs. Maybe this is the problem?
    No, the fake PID messages are normal.

mm

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Channel name is Disney. Seems both recording and timeshifting files are empty. Hope you found dump on ftp. If those patches are not included in beta then I didn't try them yet but I will.
    Thanks.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Channel name is Disney. Seems both recording and timeshifting files are empty.
    Thanks. :)

Hope you found dump on ftp.
    I'm still at work so have not yet had a chance to do a close examination of the dump.

Based on what you've said, I think the problem will be in TsWriter with PCR. From the TsWriter log it looks like TsWriter is receiving at least some decrypted audio/video packets:
    23-11-2012 21:41:23.718 Recorder: TIMESHIFT start of audio detected
    23-11-2012 21:41:24.15 Recorder: TIMESHIFT start of video detected

...but it is not writing them to the HDD for some reason. I hope I'll know more when I check the dump, but I may also need to provide some test patches.

If those patches are not included in beta then I didn't try them yet but I will.
    Those patches are both included in MP 1.3b.

In fact, I'm wondering if the patches could be the cause of the problem. This channel seems to be an [encrypted] SD channel. In the previous thread (here) you said you had no problem with encrypted or free SD channels. So did this problem appear within the last 4 months or so? The patches were not in MP 1.3 alpha...

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

I've arrived home and had time to quickly analyse the dump file...

I've changed my opinion about the cause of the problem. Now I think the problem is on the broadcaster/provider side, or possibly the CAM (unlikely).

The issue is that there is no PCR data (program clock rate) for the channel.

MP needs PCR data in order to enable accurate seeking (skip steps etc.) and possibly also for other technical things in TsReader and TsWriter. When you start timeshifting or recording, TsWriter waits for the first PCR data to be seen before starting to write the stream to the timeshift/recording file. This is why there is no data in the file - TsWriter sees the video and audio, but it is waiting for the first PCR data.

It is possible that the CAM is wiping the PCR data, but much more likely is that your provider is not transmitting the data in the first place. I have checked the other channels and they all have PCR data... so maybe there is a configuration/transmission error at the provider end.

If I were you, I would first test with the CAM removed (the channel seems to actually be not encrypted as you said). If that does not help, try to contact the provider and ask them to include PCR data for the channel. Inclusion of PCR is standard; I think it is quite unusual for it to be missing, so I hope the provider will be able to fix the problem easily at their end.

Best regards,
    mm

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Thanks mm for your feedback. :)
    This channel was added later so it is not mentioned in previous thread/ Still have some pixelization and discontinues but i think it should be related to signal quality.
    Since recording is empty with and without CAM only option left is broadcaster bug. I'll try to submit this info to them but I suppose it isonly my issue since I'm possibly their one cable tuner user. Others using STB without recording option and more rarely TV+Cam. My tv displaying this channel and all others pretty well so I suppose philips is not following dvb standart fully in attempt to provide brilliant picture quality :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom