Emulator configurations (1 Viewer)

CKTurbo128

Portal Member
February 24, 2008
I am having some issues with adding additional arguments in the latest version of the myEmulator plug-in, particularly in the "Path to emulator" field. I am trying to configure ePSXe exactly to what is posted in the first post of this thread, but I am running into issues with adding the additional arguments (-nogui -loadbin). This is what I am trying to enter into the Path to emulator field:

Path to emulator: C:\Emulation\Sony PlayStation\ePSXe\ePSXe.exe -nogui -loadbin

It works fine without the arguments, but when I add the -nogui -loadbin and press the Apply button, it gives me an error message that it's an invalid path (or something similar to that). Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there another field to enter in the -nogui -loadbin arguments other than the Path to emulator input field?

Other than that, the myEmulator plugin works out great with everything else!

(BTW, has anyone got PCSX2 or Dolphin running properly with the myEmulator plugin?)

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
For those who maybe want to run raine, here is my solution:

make a bat and put into the raine dir

IF %1 == C:\Programme\rainew\roms\rainbow.zip GOTO 1
IF %1 == C:\Programme\rainew\roms\bublbobl.zip GOTO 2
IF %1 == C:\Programme\rainew\roms\tnzs.zip GOTO 3

GOTO ENDE

:1
c:\programme\rainew\raine32 -nogui rainbow
GOTO ENDE

:2
c:\programme\rainew\raine32 -nogui bublbobl
GOTO ENDE

:3
c:\programme\rainew\raine32 -nogui tnzs
GOTO ENDE

:ENDE

Make sure to set the dir inside of the raine emultor correct, then it should work. Its a bit bad we need only the game name to start the emu. I added also the png I used for this emu with 3 games.

Do not use quotes in the setup.

Regards
kroko

Attachments

• Raine.png
    Raine.png
    1.8 KB
  • bublbobl.png
    bublbobl.png
    3.7 KB
  • rainbow.png
    rainbow.png
    3.7 KB
  • tnzs.png
    tnzs.png
    87.7 KB

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys. I have revamped my media center and I have almost got it working where I want it. I heard that the myemulators plug wouldn't take arguments like the old one does. I saw Cheekar had updated a new version, but even with this one a friend of mine had a problem. The way I fixed this was using all bat files. I needed to use bat files anyway to close and open xpadder when I needed it. The only emulator I couldnt get to work with bat files was project 64. so I just used the exe. As for PCSX2 I have finally gotten it to open and full screen with correct configuration within MP. You need to use PCSX2 Playground and autoIT. I will post the bat file I use here. The bat files excetues 3 things. It closes xpadder (which you can probably delete unless you are using xpadderfor other emulators) then it launches PCSX2 playground with the config file. After that it uses the autoIT script I wrote to go to full screen. AutoIT is a free tool you can download to if you want me to upload the .au3 then let me know and I can do that. This should work for any one trying to launch PCSX2. I admit it is a little messy but it gets the job done.

Attachments

• Playstation2.txt
    30.6 KB

Peter_1982

Portal Member
July 19, 2008
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

does anyone know how to start NeoRageX with myEmulators ? I know ist an old one, but MetalSlug works fine *gg* I dont know the arguments to start der Emulator with am Rom...

andreas121

Portal Member
February 9, 2007
Alternate Amiga configuration

Hi All,

I've seen many people here struggling with Amiga/WinUAE configuration. I did too, but I have a novel solution that may be of use.

I wanted a system that autoloaded the game from mediaportal and exited back all via my wireless gamepad (no keyboard or mice). So configured up the gamepad to be both mouse and joystick in WinUAE. Not too tricky.

However many games needed further configration once emulation has started....eg choose cheat mode, extra keys in game (e.g SPACE), insert first disc and then second disc and then the game starts (eg SWIV I think). A bore since all I want to do is play the games.

Solution:
WinUAE has a save state file (.USS) . For the games that I play often, I simply load them up with the correct emulation settings and load until just before the game starts. Then I take a Save State snapshot.
Bingo...

All I need to do now is use the .USS files like "roms" for WinUAE, and I have immediate amiga games, ready to play without the load time :D

There's a downside that the .USS aren't transferable across people's machines, I think, but it makes the emulator very easy to use.

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
you have right :) many games need first disc only for short amount of time i.e. for loading intro Lotus III, Globdule, Turrican 2 (befor play/save state - load music in jukebox from 2 final levels and there be no need to use 2nd disc again) We just can skipping intros etc.etc. before we use savestate.
Thanks for one stop closer to perfect emulation in MP :)

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
andreas121: i have one problem with uss files.
winUAE 1.5.2
Configuration files i can run from mp/myemu and they are just run game and there are no problems with mp/myemu
Save state files even if they are associated with winaue - just run emulator and waiting for my move (go to misc, click on load state, select state, and then click on start.
How you solve this?

Ok i found reason (one n# newest version automatically run uss) :>

winUAE1.5.3 working ALMOST perfectly with running uss (previous not)
But there is a problem - when winUAE run uss (even if uss is saved in fullscreen) - this uss when i open it by by doubleclick or by mp/myemu are running in window.

Vista problem - file association in 1.5.3 doesnt affect on Vista

andreas121

Portal Member
February 9, 2007
It's something like this

C:\winuae\winuae.exe -config=YourFullscreenConfig.uae -cfgparam statefile=YourStatefile.uss

cfgparam is needed to change a config value. Ie load my standard config and then change the save state value to whatever the game is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom