Emulator configurations (2 Viewers)

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
I added all the new configurations that have been shared in the last couple of weeks. Could everybody check if they are correct (no typo's or misinterpretations)?

I replaced the Winuae configuration with Clair's. His configuration is a bit more straightforward. I do have one question though. Isn't it possible to simply join multi-disk images into one single rom? That would be much less hassle...

Winuae FAQ

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
..... it could be with hdd image or CD32 compilations of games. but there are other problems because CD images should be inserted before run winuae and gameselection couldnot be by mediaportal. Its only by CD32 Menu. Similiar "problem" are with hdd images So i prefer "Hardcore" emulation with floppy changing. Many games with more than 1disk could be used with 2 or more fdd but there. Usually im setting drive speed for 800 or turbo but some games don't acept too big speed of drive. (usualy when game don't work with this speed we have guru meditation screen, or game don't want accept next disk inserted even if we are sure about it's a right disk :)
We should remember every amiga drive uses a memory so if you have pure A500 configuration and attached more than 1 drive some games could say Not Enough Memory. So IMO Current option with changing disks by joypad or remote is most accuracy for me.

Sorry for my english
P.S. im a man :) Robert de Clair

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey, looks good. :) I would like to put that the batch files for FreeDO and SSF need to have the path file to the emulator on the last line. Not just the emulator name. Other than that it looks awesome. I hope it works for everybody, if they have any questions they can ask me.

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
rkooten: "...Next, open Winuae, go to misc. options and uncheck "Show GUI on startup"..."

it isnt true :)
"Show GUI on startup" should be unchecked separatelly for every game config and saved to this config :)

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
Thanks to both of you. I updated the configurations.

Sorry for the mistake Clair. It's because Clair is a girl-name in English. But Rob definitely sounds manly enough. ;)

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
November 11, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
In the new version of the plugin, I've made a feature that automatically detects which emulator is entered and set the filter to the correct filetypes. My idea is to set it to the filetypes that the specific emulator handles, thus omitting .zip and .7z. If you want to use other formats, you could just add them manually. Later on I will add more options, like the working folder, but so far it is only the filter. The attached file has a dictionary that consists of the filename and a corresponding filter string. I've started, but I need your help to fill it out. Take the file, add one or more filename in the form

Code:
filterDictionary.Add(FILENAME, FILTERSTRING);

for example

Code:
filterDictionary.Add("fceu.exe", "*.nes");

then post the file here and I will use the latest version in the next release.

Attachments

• EmuAutoConf.txt
    30.6 KB

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
hmm vba.exe (im using for GB,GBC,SGB,GBA) but im separating it by two groups - old (GB/GBC/SGB) and new (GBA) every group is has roms are in separate folders additionally splitted by romnames (0-F G-Q R-Z) ok let's try...

Nintendo Gameboy - (Visual Boy Advance)
Code:
filterDictionary.Add("vba.exe", "*.gba;*.gbc;*.sgb;*.gb");
Amiga - (winUAE but executed is by selfmade launcher)
Code:
filterDictionary.Add("winUAE.bat", "*.uae");
Atari 8Bit (Atari800Win)
Code:
filterDictionary.Add("Atari800Win.exe", "*.atr");
SEGA (Fusion 351)
Code:
filterDictionary.Add("Fusion.exe", "*.bin;*.smd");
SNES (Snes9x)
Code:
filterDictionary.Add("snes9x.exe", "*.bin;*.fig");

I hope is this that you mean Chreekar :)

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
November 11, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes, thanks. It can only be one entry per filename though, so the gba would look like this:

Code:
filterDictionary.Add("vba.exe", "*.gba;*.gbc;*.sgb;*.gb");

And I will not add anything for the batfiles, since they can contain anything and we don't know that two batfiles with the same name actually launch the same emulator.

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This sounds really cool. I am going to add to this tomorrow when I start up my HTPC. So with bat files for emulator paths we will still have to add the file types manually? Also, I have a question for you Chreekar. When I launch PCSX2 through Mediaportal MyEmulators the emulator comes up and states that it needs to be configured. I was wondering if you happen to know the reason behind this? And since you are working on a new build you might be able to fix it. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom