Emulator configurations (1 Viewer)

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
I dont know how to put all this things into myemulators :/ because in most games myfullscreenconfig.uae should change (espacially disk images are changing)
so for works with usual uae (without bat file) i must set in myemus:

Code:
Path for emu D:\Emulators\WinUAE\winuae.exe
Working Folder D:\Emulators\WinUAE\
Path to dir with roms D:\Emulators\WinUAE\Configurations
Arguments -config=%ROM%
Filter for showing files *.uae;*.uss
btw it should be in first post in this thread ;)

When i set in arguments -config=any_config_with_fullscreen.uae -cfgparam statefile=%ROM%
there are no possibility for set disk images or swapdisk settings separatelly for each game (but ofcourse a uss are launched in fullscreen and it's strange but it uses a disk image who was in slot when a save state are created (but this disk not exist in config uae file)

andreas121

Portal Member
February 9, 2007
You don't change the config file or use any batch files. You keep -config=YourFullscreenConfig.uae and use -cfgparam to override disk-in-drive settings for each game.

Code:
winuae.exe -config=YourFullscreenConfig.uae -cfgparam -0 xenon2.adf
( load default config and put xenon2.adf in drive 0)

HOWEVER, The "state file" will remember what disk(or disks) are in the drives assuming that you have made your own .USS files so there is no need to tell it what disks are in the drive. Just make sure you don't move the disks to a different folder on your computer.

I am still working on upgrading my mediaportal/my emulators config.....but I'm happy to post a full working solution once its done.

If you want to try, filter for just .USS files and arguments should be:
Code:
-config=YourFullscreenConfig.uae -cfgparam statefile=%ROM%
(load up with the default config and override the state file )

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
You don't change the config file or use any batch files. You keep -config=YourFullscreenConfig.uae and use -cfgparam to override disk-in-drive settings for each game.

this means separate arguments in myemu for each game :) it's impossible

HOWEVER, The "state file" will remember what disk(or disks) are in the drives assuming that you have made your own .USS files so there is no need to tell it what disks are in the drive. Just make sure you don't move the disks to a different folder on your computer.

but uss don't keep data for swap disks (ofcourse when im loading a uae file with uss file like this

winuae.exe -config=furryofthefurriesconfigfile.uae -cfgparam statefile=furryofthefurriessavestatefile.uss

everything is ok but i cannot do this in myemulators, because myemulators automatically take config files from choosen rom directory (i can put it too as %ROM% in arguments line of myemulators) but i can't do it with two variables - first for config and second for save state

If you want to try, filter for just .USS files and arguments should be:
Code:
-config=YourFullscreenConfig.uae -cfgparam statefile=%ROM%
(load up with the default config and override the state file )

As i said this will be work correctly ONLY with this games who dont need a swap disk with "disk swapper"

I.E. Shadow of the beast - accept only one disk drive and need a disk change ingame (in well or when im going to te tree) override a config in arguments

When i set a config for this one a next game who i wish to run are be with this config too because YourFullscreenConfig.uae are in tis example same for every game

unfortunatelly many games need disk swap and don't accept more than 1 disk drives or need to put some disk in df0 only (i.e Blackcrypt savegame disk must be in df0 - other disks could be in any drive) unfortunatelly a df0 are same drive who are used for boot this game :) so disk swapper is needed

just one default config are not resolve problem :) there are must be loaded two files simultaneously uae and uss selected for each game at once

really sorry for my english - i hope you understand what i mean.

Dreamweaver

February 10, 2009
Mame32 scanlines

Hi.
I have various emulators setup with Media Portal and thanks to the guides provided in this forum they've all worked great.

However... I do have a slight problem with Mame32. The emulator starts fine and the process seems killed after exiting, but I cannot get the scanlines to show up in the games.
When I run the emulator outside Media Portal ithey do show up, but not when I run it from within MP.

I'm sorry if this have already been covered and I've missed it, but I was hoping someone could help me out :)

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this??

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Hello all,

Got a few questions. I installed the MY Emulators plugin, really like it, but I have a ways to go. I am starting very simple but have a lot I would like to do with this. I have Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 setup so far.

Super Nintendo seems to work well. My question with it is how can I setup the screen mode that automatically launches to fit my screen at a perfect 4:3? I would like it to appear as if it is actually a console on my screen rather than a windowed emulator.

With Nintendo 64, I choose to launch a game within the plugin and an error pops up that says "attempt to open file failed". I then choose the same game manually in Project 64 and it will launch. I checked to make sure the emulators rom path in my emulators was the same and it was...any thoughts?

Also, I am having trouble with full screen modes mentioned with super nintendo. Whenever I choose a custom resolution it will stretch out to wide screen no matter which resolution.

Maybe what I am asking with the screen size is a bit obvious and I am overlooking something, but I figure that this sort of setting with all the emulators being listed here could be good for better emulator integration.

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
To FantaXP7
With Super Nintendo if you are using zsnes then look in the config/video and look at the options to the right of the resolution. If it has a R then it will keep 4:3 resolution. If you are still having problems then in the same place Config/video click the filters tab at the top of the window. You should see some more options of keeping or not keeping 4:3.
As for Nintendo 64 deselect the "use quotes" option in the emulator configuration of the myemulators plugin.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
To FantaXP7
With Super Nintendo if you are using zsnes then look in the config/video and look at the options to the right of the resolution. If it has a R then it will keep 4:3 resolution. If you are still having problems then in the same place Config/video click the filters tab at the top of the window. You should see some more options of keeping or not keeping 4:3.
As for Nintendo 64 deselect the "use quotes" option in the emulator configuration of the myemulators plugin.

Thanks for your reply Atreides!

I am now able to launch N64 games and Snes is in 4:3. One other thing though...the snes screen doesn't quite fill the top and bottom, is it maybe a matter of choosing the correct resolution? Also with N64, I can't seem to get it into 4:3 mode in full screen

Thank you for your time

Clair

Portal Pro
November 15, 2007
Gorzów Wielkopolski
Home Country
Poland Poland
Configuration for winUAE in MyEmulators 3.1 (no more bath files, no more intros skipping)

Save state files MUST have same name as config file (but different extension)

Code:
path to emulator: C:\WinUAE\winuae.exe
path to directory with ROMS: C:\WinUAE\Configurations
arguments to emulator: -f %ROM% -s statefile="Savestate\%ROM_WITHOUT_EXT%.uss"
emulator title: Amiga
filter for showing files: *.uae
use quotes in path: YES

Ofcourse it's depend on localisation of emulator and *.uae configuration files
No more intro's, trainers, skipping waiting for load etc. etc. you can decide by savestate file where you wish to start your amiga game.

Short explaintation

winUAE load config file, and if exist savestate file, then just run it.
If savestate file doesnt exist - winUAE just run game normally from scratch :)

Andreas121: Thank you for clues :)
Chreekar: Tanks for great plugin and %ROM_WITHOUT_EXT% variable

gamingexpert

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Also with N64, I can't seem to get it into 4:3 mode in full screen
ya i'm not sure if theres a hack or somethin that will let you do it. my friend would always just set the biggest windowed resolution he could and use a program called Zorro that would black out the rest of the screen so it looked like it was 4:3 fullscreen.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Also with N64, I can't seem to get it into 4:3 mode in full screen
ya i'm not sure if theres a hack or somethin that will let you do it. my friend would always just set the biggest windowed resolution he could and use a program called Zorro that would black out the rest of the screen so it looked like it was 4:3 fullscreen.

That's really unfortunate. I know some people like to have there 4:3 images stretched out just to use up their wides screen display, but I think it just looks dumb. I am gonna do a lot of searching on whatever emulator forums I can find about this. Seems like something easy and very possible without a hack.

Also with Snes. Glad that it is in 4:3 now, but I might sound kinda anal here, kinda bothers me that it doesn't quite touch the top and bottom of my tv.

Anyways, I am still psyched with what media portal does to integrate these emulators and I am gonna try to make it feel as real as a console can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom