Emulators 0.13 (23/1/2024) (1 Viewer)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
November 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Did you also compare the same items in every skin? It's hard to judge for me, because I do not know if Donkey Kong is showing a description in other skins/themes.

Yes. The same problem with every game in this skin. The desciption of Donkey Kong is shown in all other skins. Donkey Kong is only for example to show what i mean.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    where did you push the latest changes of emulators? It seems some parameters as "rating" are empty now.
    I want to look up in models what has changed. Generally I fear some old skin files came into the latest build. Many things are disorted or broken. But I could not find something better in my backups. I guess I need to go through and fix everything.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    where did you push the latest changes of emulators?
    To this branch.
    It seems some parameters as "rating" are empty now.
    I want to look up in models what has changed.
    TheGamesDb switched to a new API and retired the old one, the new API doesn't provide user ratings (there is talk on their forum of reinstating it). Besides that, I don't think I changed any of the skin bindings/files. I'll have a proper check later.
    EDIT: I can confirm most of the issues above, I expect what has happened is that the base templates have been changed in Win10 and I need to update the emulators skin files to account for that. I can probably do it later this evening. My fault for not properly testing :whistle:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TheGamesDb switched to a new API and retired the old one, the new API doesn't provide user ratings (there is talk on their forum of reinstating it). Besides that, I don't think I changed any of the skin bindings/files. I'll have a proper check later.
    EDIT: I can confirm most of the issues above, I expect what has happened is that the base templates have been changed in Win10 and I need to update the emulators skin files to account for that. I can probably do it later this evening. My fault for not properly testing :whistle:
    Ok, I'll wait until your base changes and then fix a few more things. If you need help with something, just let me know.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok, I'll wait until your base changes and then fix a few more things. If you need help with something, just let me know.
    I've pushed some changes that get the skin files working. I haven't made any cosmetic changes though so if you wouldn't mind taking a look ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've pushed some changes that get the skin files working. I haven't made any cosmetic changes though so if you wouldn't mind taking a look ;)
    I'll take a look. I just pulled your branch, but can not build the server. Is there any trick I have to consider? The assembly reference seems to be missing.
    upload_2018-11-24_13-14-39.png

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update: I removed the reference from emulators.server and readded it again, now it compiles.
    Maybe you can retry on your side, I tried several clean builds before and every thime got same error.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard Your fixes did basically all, so easy job for me. I did some minor adjustments and added a missing label. Everything is pushed.
    So after you checked everything is working you can punlish a fixed version I think (I fixed the broken reference, but not sure if correctly) :)

Btw. would be cool, of emulators also supports home content. Havining latest played or favourite games in home screen would be cool ;):whistle:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    So after you checked everything is working you can punlish a fixed version I think (I fixed the broken reference, but not sure if correctly) :)
    Thanks, the reference change looks correct, I'll look into the home content too.

@heiserfeger77 new version in first post which hopefully resolves the skin issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom