Emulators 0.13 (23/1/2024) (6 Viewers)

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
The emulators plugin seems to not work with MP2.4. I can not add any emulators. Did anybody else try yet?

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The emulators plugin seems to not work with MP2.4. I can not add any emulators. Did anybody else try yet?
    Can you confirm specifically what the issue is? I just did a quick check and it seemed to work OK although there does seem to be a skin issue (at least in Nereus) where the 'Continue' buttons in the emulator config screens aren't clickable with the mouse, but you can still navigate to them with the keyboard/remote, is that the issue you are having?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you confirm specifically what the issue is? I just did a quick check and it seemed to work OK although there does seem to be a skin issue (at least in Nereus) where the 'Continue' buttons in the emulator config screens aren't clickable with the mouse, but you can still navigate to them with the keyboard/remote, is that the issue you are having?
    I guess he means this issue. I also faced it and didn't try another skin. I'll try that and find out the issue.
    But I had also many errors in my logs. Here my post related to that (only visible to developers).

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess he means this issue. I also faced it and didn't try another skin. I'll try that and find out the issue.
    But I had also many errors in my logs. Here my post related to that (only visible to developers).
    @Brownard is right, that "adding emulators issue" is just related to the fact the bottom buttons are overlapped by a gradient and can be reached only with keyboard/remote. I'll fix that.
    I set up an emulator, but when adding a game share I can not choose the category "game". There are just video, audio, movie, series.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Can you double check you are running the latest version from the first post in this thread, your issue indicates an out of date version and my test of the last version I released seems to be OK.

I do have a later local version but I added some stuff that I need to double check before I release it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you double check you are running the latest version from the first post in this thread, your issue indicates an out of date version and my test of the last version I released seems to be OK.

I do have a later local version but I added some stuff that I need to double check before I release it.
    I just downloaded version 0.10.0 from Downloads before testing, which is latest version, right? And I installed it with MP2.4 release version.
    Checking the plugin.xml of client and server plugins say version 0.7 however.

PS: Regarding the skin issue with the buttons. Do you have a smart idea to avoid copying all screens from "deault" over to "Nereus" and changing is individually?
    It's basically just about changing the margin of all screens using emulator_config_master.xaml as source from Margin="10" to Margin="20,10,20,110".
    I thought only to add it in emulator_config_master.xaml, but there is no place:
    XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Include
        xmlns="www.team-mediaportal.com/2008/mpf/directx"
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
        Source="screens\master_configuration_menu.xaml"
        >
      <Include.Resources>

</Include.Resources>
    </Include>

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I just downloaded version 0.10.0 from Downloads before testing, which is latest version, right? And I installed it with MP2.4 release version.
    Checking the plugin.xml of client and server plugins say version 0.7 however.
    Yes that's the right one, I had forgotten to update the version number, you definitely did also update the server plugin too? :D

Either way I'll finalise my local changes and have a look at the skins and give an up to date test version soon.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes that's the right one, I had forgotten to update the version number, you definitely did also update the server plugin too? :D

Either way I'll finalise my local changes and have a look at the skins and give an up to date test version soon.
    Yeah, I even copied both over again after your last post. Probably a stupid thing like some old files remaining in current installation. I’ll clean up everything including emulators settings once and wait for next version ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After removing client and server plugin and emulator settings, I can selected finally also categories for game sources :)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @ge2301 @Timhoh1234 Attached is an updated version for 2.4 to test.
    Main changes are
    • Fixed configuration skin files so that all buttons are clickable in Nereus
    • Add a game state buffer for libretro cores to allow 'timeshifting' back n seconds in a game, this is disabled by default you can enable and set the duration to buffer in Settings->Plugins->Emulators->Libretro. Rewind the same way you'd rewind a regular media item (but you can't skip forward again)
    • Improve input device handling, you should be able to configure your gamepad in MP2's input device manager to navigate the MP2 UI, or configure your keyboard as a gamepad, and then use it in game without it conflicting. There might still be some edge cases where this doesn't work properly.
    • A few tweaks and improvements with audio playback

Attachments

• Emulators_0.11.zip
      2.3 MB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom