Emulators 0.13 (23/1/2024) (3 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 @Timhoh1234 Attached is an updated version for 2.4 to test.
    Main changes are
    • Fixed configuration skin files so that all buttons are clickable in Nereus
    • Add a game state buffer for libretro cores to allow 'timeshifting' back n seconds in a game, this is disabled by default you can enable and set the duration to buffer in Settings->Plugins->Emulators->Libretro. Rewind the same way you'd rewind a regular media item (but you can't skip forward again)
    • Improve input device handling, you should be able to configure your gamepad in MP2's input device manager to navigate the MP2 UI, or configure your keyboard as a gamepad, and then use it in game without it conflicting. There might still be some edge cases where this doesn't work properly.
    • A few tweaks and improvements with audio playback
    Looks all good now (y) I'll slightly improve some screens to the Nereus design next days, so would be good, if you wait before uploading the next version into the download area.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks all good now (y) I'll slightly improve some screens to the Nereus design next days, so would be good, if you wait before uploading the next version into the download area.
    @Brownard I pushed my changes to WIP2.4 branch. Some of the new view mode changes did not work yet (reduced details, when full details are not shown / details within focused large list items, when details are not shown). Additonally some screens had not yet the new margins.

One thing I realized, regardless of how often I opened games or set them to PLAYED by contet menu, the home content remained empty. Does this work for you?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Brownard I pushed my changes to WIP2.4 branch.
    Thanks, I think you must still be running an older version somewhere as this change was not correct based on the latest version of the plugin, so I reverted it ;). I also removed MediaItemHomeGameDetails.inc as I don't think it's needed as there's a similar file included with Nereus and details show correctly for me on the home screen.

One thing I realized, regardless of how often I opened games or set them to PLAYED by contet menu, the home content remained empty. Does this work for you?
    Yes it does work for me, hopefully this is just linked to you having an old version somewhere as above.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I think you must still be running an older version somewhere as this change was not correct based on the latest version of the plugin, so I reverted it ;). I also removed MediaItemHomeGameDetails.inc as I don't think it's needed as there's a similar file included with Nereus and details show correctly for me on the home screen.
    I do not understand it anymore :confused: I downloaded your latest attached plugin package and placed it even not into my installation, but the bin folders of my server and client build of WIP2.4.1 branch. There were no traces of Emulators in before. The settings were cleaned. Then I built server and client and run it.

"{Binding Description}" provides no description for me.

Also the in MP2 project existing MediaItemHomeGameDetails.inc does not provide infos for me, because the AspectWrapper is missing. I transferred it intentially to the emulators plugin, because I removed it from WIP2.4.1 project to have no emulators data within the MP2 core. I think it's cleaner and also having files with emulators aspect wrapper but no emulators plugin might cause trouble in some cases.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I do not understand it anymore :confused: I downloaded your latest attached plugin package and placed it even not into my installation, but the bin folders of my server and client build of WIP2.4.1 branch. There were no traces of Emulators in before. The settings were cleaned. Then I built server and client and run it.
    Mystery, but it's definitely not needed ;). You are putting it into the correct debug or release folder depending on what you are building aren't you? :D
    I think it's cleaner and also having files with emulators aspect wrapper but no emulators plugin might cause trouble in some cases.
    It's good thinking but unfortunately won't work because the file is referenced in Nereus in MultiDetailsHome.inc so the skin doesn't load property when the file is missing when Emulators is not present. The current version doesn't rely on the aspect wrapper so it can be included in Nereus regardless of whether the plugin is present.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mystery, but it's definitely not needed ;). You are putting it into the correct debug or release folder depending on what you are building aren't you? :D
    I deleted the bin folders and just build server and client in debug mode, so nothing can be misplaced. Result is the same, it’s really a mystery. I had many strange things seen, but this is the strangest. I’ll just leave it for a while and by time delete all mp2 traces in program files and program data. It should not change anything, but I’ve no other idea. I’ll recover MultiDetailsHome.inc in WIP2.4.1 branch, I didn’t commit the changes yet.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I just double checked and the test version I attached above is definitely correct and up to date, do your logs now show the plugin version as 0.11? I can't think why/how it could be pulling the plugin from outside the bin folder. Might be worth doing a search for Emulators.dll in the bin folder just to check there's not an old version in another folder, but I can't think how that would happen on a fresh build.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just double checked and the test version I attached above is definitely correct and up to date, do your logs now show the plugin version as 0.11? I can't think why/how it could be pulling the plugin from outside the bin folder. Might be worth doing a search for Emulators.dll in the bin folder just to check there's not an old version in another folder, but I can't think how that would happen on a fresh build.
    I found the issue! I checked for the plugin version and it was 0.7 which can not be. So I opened your zip file directly with windows and and it was again version 0.7. Then I downloaded it and unpacked with WinRAR and it was version 0.11 :giggle:
    In the end it seems to be a bug of windows 11, it always shows some old files from temp folder. Really stupid! o_O

So, finally it works!! (y) Leassons learned, I'll not unpack anything with Windows 11 ...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    I did some further testing yesterday and I could not find any issues remaining, also the skin files seem ok everywhere now.
    Will you release version 0.11 in the download section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom