[no Bug] - English subtitles not selectable

Discussion in 'Older releases' started by Man Pang, May 2, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man Pang

Man Pang Portal Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 2
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am based in Hong Kong and there is an English channel called Pearl TV. When I switch to this channel, the subtitles menu give me the option of Chinese but not English. If I switch to one of the Chinese channels, I can see English as being one of the selectable options. If I select English on the Chinese channels and switch back to the English Pearl TV channel, I do see English subtitles displayed, yet the subtitles menu does not give me the option to select/deselect it.[DOUBLEPOST=1462174368][/DOUBLEPOST]Log file attached

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Man Pang

Man Pang Portal Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 2
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Found the problem. I recorded a TV program from the English Pearl channel in .ts format. I analysed the subtitle track that shows as "Chinese Simplified" in Mediaportal and it was in English! In fact, that subtitle track contains metadata that specifies it is a Chinese Simplified or English and I suspected it depends on what program is being shown but MediaPortal always report it as CHS (which is "Chinese Simplified")

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!