EPG and channel changing. (1 Viewer)

martyyn

Portal Pro
November 5, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
Ive been trying to find the answer to the following question since I started using MP two months ago.

Although several posts have intimated thats its possible I havent been able to find a definative yes or no.

Within GBPVR there is a plugin called ChannelChanger, that along with Hip (and an exe called Hipsend) allows you to select channels on your STB from within the EPG. So for example if Im watching one channel and want to watch another I go to the program I want to watch, click ok and then press the 'watch' button and GBPVR sends a hipsend command to Hip which then changes the STB.

This also means that I can setup recording of programs and the Hip/Hipsend combo will change the channel automatically when the recording starts.

I currently have RC2, am using xmltvnz to get my EPG, with a Hauppauge 500MCE (but only one tuner installed at the moment) and the MCE remote.

Ive had HIP configured previously to control the STB directly but that has meant that Ive needed to remember the channel number for each channel which may be fine for me, but certainly not my PC illterate wife !

If someone can confirm this is possible in MP (or even better give me a brief run down of how to do it) then I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers
Martyn

martyyn

Portal Pro
November 5, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
Thanks for the reply mPod.

I did try myblaster when I first installed MP and got nowhere. It was when I was very new to MP so perhaps I hadnt installed it correctly.

So am I right in thinking that I simply install myblaster and then in the channel config I click the external tab and set to STB, with the channel number from my STB.

Can myBlaster learn the remote from my amp aswell ?

Cheers
Martyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom