Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (6 Viewers)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Windows 10 identify epg buddy as spyware???

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This does look quite alarming as 20% of the virus scanners report it as malware.
    No, this is a very good result. Have seen much worse results in past. Every scanner reports a different virus so this is a 100% guarantee that it is no virus at all. If it was infected all (or most of) the scanner must show the same virus, what is not the case here. Generic in the name of the virus normally is a proof it is no virus as this means the scanner could not identify a malware but saw some routines that can probably be used by malware. Due to the nature of AutoIt all executable are divided in two parts, the interpreter that runs the main script and the script itself. This is nothing uncommon but this also is something those stupid virus scanners are way too often detected as unidentified malware... Some weeks later this error is corrected (or not, if the tool is one of the worst av tools...)

Aside this I know it is no virus as I wrote the tool myself...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There is a new version. After I updated my TV server from 1909 to 20H2, I suddenly couldn't create a scheduled task from inside the EPG-Buddy any longer. Since I was finally able to recreate the problem, I was able to search for the cause. And I found it. The very current versions of Win 10 require a higher "version number" in the XML file, which is used to create the task. Apart from that, the XML files are the same. A really nonsensical mistake (at Microsoft). That's why I had to add an extra setting so that the "new" EPG-Buddy works with older Windows versions (it should definitely run from Windows 7 and above, but Vista and XP probably not) and also with the very latest Windows versions .. .
    Now it's working again. The new version can be found where it can always be found. Link in the first post.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will shortly be doing a fresh win 10 install on my HTPC is there a way I can save the current EPG Buddy config/settings and apply them to a new install.
    Sorry in advance if it is covered in this thread but search did not pick anything up and 40 pages were a bit to many the read through.;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Best is if you update EPG-Buddy to the most recent version (if not done already) before re- installing Windows 10. After updating you simply can copy the whole EPG-Buddy installation folder to a save place. Don't wonder, there are "millions" of cache files that has to be copied too. You can leave them out but then they all need to be downloaded again. This takes much, much, much more time....

Then install a fresh copy of Windows. Without any further action you can use the saved EPG-Buddy folder as a "portable" version, if you like. But best is to install EPG-Buddy the normal way and copy the backup folder over the now existing installation folder. This way you will have your "old" settings but also working shortcuts and uninstall- routines... The only thing that has to be done aside the pure copying is to setup a new task for automated EPG- grabbing. As this task is stored in Windows Taskplaner the task is gone once Windows itself is gone... But this is fixed with only one mouse click.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Finally we found why some people having trouble with Rytec... The source for the regions has changed without any notice. As the "old" data was/is conserved you only can see it, if you've installed EPG-Buddy from scratch after this change...
    Simply replace the attached file and it should work again...

Aside this we are working on the Timezone issue with tvguide.com. Sadly they are adding wrong time to their data. XMLTV specs are expecting times in UTC with compensation. tvguide.com adds this compensation to the data directly, based on the timezone a user has chosen in it's lineup. This is not that easy to fix as it is possible a user gets data from two different timezone... Once we will have a proper solution for this there will be a new version published. That's why today only a singe file as replacement is published...

Attachments

• EPG-Grabber_0.150.326.zip
      242.5 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There is a new version 0.7.0.27 of EPG-Buddy.

In addition to various bug fixes, two new features are also included. On the one hand there is now also full support for DVB-Viewer and on the other hand, especially interesting for everyone here, you can now combine the finished XML files into a single file. It wasn't quite as easy as one might think. Internally, EPG-Buddy continues to work with one file per EPG source. The instructions are also new, which is why it is worth taking another look.

The new version can be found wherever it can be found.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My EPG stopped updating Saturday. I was running EPG-Buddy_0.6.0.19 so i updated to EPG-Buddy_0.7.0.27 but it still is not working.
    I tried running from the GUI and it starts but windows reports Program stopped responding.
    The EPG-Buddy folder and EPG-Buddy.exe are excluded from bit defender AV.

Attachments

• EPG-Buddy_ Logfiles_01_18_2021-18_25_04.7z
      44 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom