Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (3 Viewers)

TBacker

Portal Member
June 23, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Not to be that guy, but one last minor issue...

I got EPG-Buddy set up and running on it's new machine, but when mapping guide channels to database channels in EPGB, there is one channel name that is in the MP database but is not in the drop-down box in EPGB. The channel is correct in TV server, and it works there. I even looked at the row in the MP database table to see if anything was malformed and it was fine. Very strange.

(MediaPortal 1.28 connected to the same MySQL database it has been for years)

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
Hi there,
I see that you added rytec as source.
It's exactly what im looking for.
But unfortunately I cant use it in full extent because I use ArgusTV with SQL Server. :(

Could you add this case in setup TV Database like you have for MP 1 please ?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I didn't implement the SQL Server module and I also didn't have Argus so it would be hard for me to do so, sorry...
    Maybe the MediaPortal version is working for Argus too but I don't know...

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for your quick anwer

I have MP and ArgusTV databases in the same SQL Server Instance.
    Just need the SQL Server connection string like MP 1 with the ArgusTV database and tables queries already done for the MySql ArgusTV

I can provide you a backup of the SQL Server ArgusTV database if you want

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can provide you a backup of the SQL Server ArgusTV database if you want
    Maybe this can help. I mainly need to find out the name of the needed tables as they seems to be a bit different compared to MP... But I'm really busy atm and I need to go to hospital for more than a month in early September, so I can't promise I will get it done quickly...

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine.

In fact you have already all the information needed. The database name and the table name are the same than in mySQL for ArgusTV.

How can I provide you the Backup file ?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden
    Is there a possibility to use EPGBuddy for TVMosaic at the moment? It was priviously DVBLogic, which is not EVBViewer I think. At lest I could not find a video.ini. In case it is missing, would it be possibe to add this feature?
    Unbenannt.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    DVB-Viewer is not the same as TVMosaic. The old name of TVMosaic was "DVBLink"... DVB-Viewer Pro is a commercial and Windows only TV engine widely used with SAT>IP and also with Kodi... At the moment I'm using DVB-Viewer Pro as my TV solution because I got a licence for free to implement DVB-Viewer support in EPG-Buddy. And DVB-Viewer is working stable with my SAT>IP router so there was no big pressure to change anything. . But I definitely will try TVMosaic. Just have not found enough time since I'm back from hospital.

Right now you need to use the "manual" mode as TVMosaic is not jet supported. I will add it as soon as I find the time. I've started to implement TVMosaic Support but just at this time the "commercial" version was abandoned and the OpenSource version wasn't even announced so I stopped implementing support for a (as it seems) dead product. After transforming into OpenSource software TVMosaic is back to life and stronger than ever. So it definitely is time to implement direct support into EPG-Buddy. Maybe at the end of next week I can show something, but no promises...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. I've installed TVMosaic CE today and I found the channel list used by TVMosaic. It's a xml file named "tvmosaic_channels.xml" found in the installation folder. I need to parse this XML file to extract all channel names from and compare it with another xml file "tvmosaic_favorites.xml" where only the internal channel ID for all favorites are stored. More work than expected so most likely it will last longer than thought, sorry...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. I've installed TVMosaic CE today and I found the channel list used by TVMosaic. It's a xml file named "tvmosaic_channels.xml" found in the installation folder. I need to parse this XML file to extract all channel names from and compare it with another xml file "tvmosaic_favorites.xml" where only the internal channel ID for all favorites are stored. More work than expected so most likely it will last longer than thought, sorry...
    No problem, I'll wait. I do not understand the manual mode. I can select onc channel (no multi-select). But regardless of this data are pulled for all channels and the result does not bring any EPG data in TVMosaic after loading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom