Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (3 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Maybe you have a look at the EPG-Buddy doc. There everything is described for manual mode. The difference is very litte. The only thing is, you need to write (ideally copy & paste from tvmosaic_channels.xml) the channel name instead of selecting it from a dropdown list.
    The doc is installed together with the program and can be called from inside EPG-Buddy too

Aside this, as long as you have matching EPG data for a channel, you can map the data to the channel inside TVMosaic, similar to the matching in TVE3...
    I'm using the same tvguide.xml I've created daily for my productive system with DVB-Viewer also with TVMosaic too:

EPG.jpg

Most channels are matched automatically in TVMosaic. The rest I had to match by hand.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I did that. As you said most channels matched. The tvguide.xml was created, but after importing it to TVMosaic (1+2) and matching then (3) nothing is available.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

Performing (3) at first also does not change anything. I think the grabber showed just befor finishing an exception, but the console directly closes and the EPGBuddy logs do not show any issue. Additionally I see correct data in tvguide.xml

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The place where you are looking didn't show any EPG-Data at all. At least for me there is nothing. But I have a filled EPG if I have a look unter "TV Programmzeitschrift" (didn't know how it is named in English but it is the top most point in the menu.in the Menu on top left)...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The place where you are looking didn't show any EPG-Data at all. At least for me there is nothing. But I have a filled EPG if I have a look unter "TV Programmzeitschrift" (didn't know how it is named in English but it is the top most point in the menu.in the Menu on top left)...
    I looked the too, because the real EPG appears only there. It's completely empty as well.
    What is a bit strange, there is no error-dialog or anything during XMLTV import.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have managed to map the TV Mosaic channels to the TV Spielfilm EPG (EPG-Grabbert.TVSpielfilm.xml) generated by EPG-Buddy using the same setup as I use for MP2, see screenshot below. It looks accurate but no Genre or info, for more see the TV Mosaic thread.
    tvm-epg.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It works :sleep: My context menu allows to copy links to chache on right mouse click. I used this function, but the link was in "". Removing them solved the problem. I looked everythere, but not at the obvious point. Thanks for the help anyway :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It works :sleep: My context menu allows to copy links to chache on right mouse click. I used this function, but the link was in "". Removing them solved the problem. I looked everythere, but not at the obvious point. Thanks for the help anyway :)
    I was happy too early. I could map the xml to TVMosaic now, but the EPG is still empty. Looking into the updated TVGuide.xml I see the program dates from 03.2020 :confused: I excecuted EPGBuddy 2 times and the last saved time of TVGuide.xml is always right after grabbing finished, so the Buddy filles it.
    I guess now, that it is really crashing in the end. But I can not read the failure I see shortly flickering in the console just before finishing.
    @Lehmden, can I add a "pause" somethere, so the console is not closing after grabbing? The logs are unfortunately empty as I said.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After several tries I could make a screenshot of the grabber window before closing. The logs remain without issue afterwards:
    1641306659675.png

I think this is the reason, why the xml file is written with wrong data.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. Have a look at the German EPG-Buddy forum post. There is the solution for this known issue with TVSpielfilm only.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. Have a look at the German EPG-Buddy forum post. There is the solution for this known issue with TVSpielfilm only.

Finally it works. I think it would be good, if the grabber stops on such failures. The console just closes, the EPGBuddy does not show an issue and writes the TVGuide.xml with the previous data. Normally you would not expect any issue. In my case the previous data were from 2020, so of course the EPG remained empty ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom