Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (2 Viewers)

hugocarmo

March 10, 2022
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Good afternoon everybody.
I started using this app basically to grab from different external sources and then to merge all of them in one xml file, but I cant add more than one source link. If I add one it works perfectly, when I add another line gives me the error that you can see in the picture attached, in the manual is says that we can add more sources, one per line but I cant.

Can someone help me please?

1646931347972.png

Thank You,

Hugo.

harryzwo

Portal Pro
July 25, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
SWR über TV-Spielfilm scheint nicht mehr geladen zu werden. Alle anderen Sender schon.
Kann das jemand bestätigen?

Attachments

• EPG-Buddy_ Logfiles_03_19_2022-14_03_07.7z
    404.2 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    SWR über TV-Spielfilm scheint nicht mehr geladen zu werden. Alle anderen Sender schon.
    Kann das jemand bestätigen?
    TVSpielfilm constantly is fiddling on SWR.. Right now you need to edit the "EPG-Grabber.Replace.TVSpielfilm.xml" again:

<cReplaceChannel>
    <Old_ID>SWR</Old_ID>
    <New_ID>SWR/SR</New_ID>
    <Name>SWR</Name>
    <Name_short>SWR/SR</Name_short>
    <XMLTV_IDs>SWR/SR|SWR</XMLTV_IDs>
    </cReplaceChannel>

has to be replaced by

<cReplaceChannel>
    <Old_ID>SWR</Old_ID>
    <New_ID>SWR</New_ID>
    <Name>SWR</Name>
    <Name_short>SWR</Name_short>
    <XMLTV_IDs>SWR</XMLTV_IDs>
    </cReplaceChannel>

I don't know how long this will last as it seems to be than TVSpielfilm is changing thins on a daily basis...

Is TVGuide.com working?
    Honestly? I don't know. I have no access to tvguide.com since years so it is more than possible that something has changed.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There is a new version of the EPG-Buddy, the 0.7.1.12. The Download can be found where it is, see also the first post.
    This should fix the problems with Rytec and the no longer accessible htpc-tools website. The biggest innovation is that TVMosaic is now also supported in database mode, which supports all TV engines that I know of and that can run under Windows. Anything else out there like TVHeadend doesn't run on Windows. Nevertheless, EPG-Buddy can also be used with TV engines that are not directly supported, if you wish. Then in manual mode, which is not much more complex.

From now on there is also a point for TVMosaic CE under TV Database.
    EPG-Buddy_TVM_1.jpg

There are two things to set here. On the one hand the path to the TVMosaic configuration files, in which u.A. the station names are saved.
    By default, this is "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\TVMosaic\data\config" This is preset, so you don't usually have to change anything here.

If you don't run EPG-Buddy on the same computer as TVMosaic (e.g. because it runs on a Linux server), you have to set up a "network drive" for access. This is a limitation of the programming language, which cannot generate a folder selection requester for UNC paths. I haven't tried whether it works if you simply enter the UNC path there by hand instead of the requester for path selection. But it could work, I guess.

With TVMosaic you can set up favorites groups in which you can save only the channels you want. By default, TVMosaic always sets up at least three such groups. One for each transponder (e.g. Astra 19.2), a name "TV" containing all TV channels and a corresponding group "Radio" for the radio channels. You can also specify your own groups. For me, for example, "Favorites". You can call these groups whatever you like. You can also set up multiple groups. "TV" is set here ex works. You can replace this with your own group if you don't want to have more than 1000 stations in the dropdown on SAT. If you have several groups, you can separate them with "|" string together. For example, "Favorites|Kids"... For the EPG, it's actually enough to specify just one group, as long as this group contains all the stations you want. If there are channels in multiple groups, they will have EPG in all groups.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    My EPG went empty today and according to the XMLTV plugin the last import was on the 20th Nov. I ran EPG Buddy and did a scan now but at the end the dos windoww briefly flashed an error, I use TVspeilfilm. From what I can gather the same problem has been reported in the German thread and I tried the workaround posted there (disable Genre in the settings) which seems to have worked for me also. Is that the end of it if not can you also keep us on this thread updated with any fixes.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The genre mapping seems to be an issue on some systems.. For me and others it's working for you and some others it isn't. I have no clue where to look at as it is no general change on TVSpielfilm. If it was, it wouldn't work for me either.
    At the moment there are no other fixes than to disable genre mapping, if the grabbing did not finish.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At the moment there are no other fixes than to disable genre mapping, if the grabbing did not finish.
    OK thanks for the confirmation, the results of disabling genre mapping is, as expected, that genre colour is no longer working except strangely for Sport!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. TVSpielfilm has genre in EPG data. But most often they are not like the standard genres MP is using, excerpt for Sports... Normally the genre mapping is correcting this. But somehow this seems to be an issue on some systems nowadays...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Interesting... I am getting genre ifo in the epg even with the genre mapping disabled and that is available to map for genre mapping in MP1 TV-Config where all previously mapped (mostly english language genres) had question marks against them. See the screenshot below showing the colours now reassigned following mapping to the new genre.:)

epg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom