EPG Downloader Service for TV Server ONLY (1 Viewer)

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Could anybody tell me if and how I can get the EPG downloader service to grabb from dagenstv.com ??

I have success with i to grab from swedb but I would like to try dagenstv.com because I think they are better at displaying season and episode numbers which is important to me.

raufiq

Portal Member
    May 10, 2009
    UAE
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Hi,

this is my first post in this tread. can anyone help me in finding the EPG source for Midde East and Asian channels like MBC2, MBC Action, MBC MAX, Show Movies, ZTV, etc...

thanks in advance

Anjin

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    EPG Download Manager and MP 1.1 Alpha

Hi

Is anyone using the latest version of this great tool (0.0.0.12 Beta) with MP 1.1 Alpha?

After upgrading from MP 1.02 I noted that the server is not adding the programs to the MP database.

I reinstalled MP 1.02 with a new database and the download manager was working again.

Not sure if changes in MP 1.1 Alpha have broken the EPG download manager or if I have a problem in my installation.

Hence the question...

ripk

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Hi

Is anyone using the latest version of this great tool (0.0.0.12 Beta) with MP 1.1 Alpha?

After upgrading from MP 1.02 I noted that the server is not adding the programs to the MP database.

I reinstalled MP 1.02 with a new database and the download manager was working again.

Not sure if changes in MP 1.1 Alpha have broken the EPG download manager or if I have a problem in my installation.

Hence the question...

It seems that the two new fields were added to the 'program' table that keeps EPG data, and these two fields cannot be empty. DM does not know about these fields and the database server rejects insert commands. A temporary workaround is to edit the MP database schema for table 'program' and remove 'not null' requirement from two last fields (episodeName and episodePart). Not sure if it breaks something else :)

Anjin

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks

I switched to using the XMLTV plugin but miss the ability to fill gaps in a HD EPG from SD EPG.

raufiq

Portal Member
    May 10, 2009
    UAE
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Hi,

this is my first post in this tread. can anyone help me in finding the EPG source for Midde East and Asian channels like MBC2, MBC Action, MBC MAX, Show Movies, ZTV, etc...

thanks in advance
    any update on the above issue? is there a way to download the EPG for middle east or gulf region. is some one from middle east using any EPG download plugin/utility?

thanks

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I've spent a good 3 hours trying to get this app working. I've done a completely clean install of MP1.1Beta and took all defaults, so I don't know what db engine it's using or what the username/password is. Before that I did a complete/full deinstall. I removed MYSQL and/or MSSQL, and deleted all directories mentioning any of these from Programdata, User, and Program Files. I then rebooted back into Vista as Administrator.

I've used all defaults when installing MP1.1Beta, so I assume that any app that accesses MediaPortal databases would also default to those same username/pw's... hopefully.... and not require the user to know what type of database engine it's using.

Anyway, I tried running this app but can't work out what database name, username, password, and dbengine to use. I tried every combo mentioned in all 19 pages of this thread, including
    MSSQL 2005 Express: user: sa pw: MediaPortal
    MySQL Database: user sa pw: MediaPortal

For Server Name, I tried the machine I'm running it on (ie. THIS machine), and localhost.

For database name, I tried TVLibrary, MpTvDbRC2, and MpTvDB.

Anyway, long story short, I'd like to declare that this application is dead, because:
    - the thread is very old and hasn't been updated by the author in several months, and
    - it doesn't work on the latest MediaPortal 1.1 (Beta).

Happy for someone to correct me!

Incidentally, the sort of errors I get are:

[AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
    and
    [AnyDAC][Phys][MySQL]-314. Cannot load vendor library [libmysql.dll].
    The specified module could not be found.
    Check [[libmysql.dll] is located in one of the PATH directories or in application EXE directory

(it is there, by the way.)

I tried installing and running MySQL Administrator, but I can only get past the initial login prompt using username 'sa' and no password. But then the app crashes when I go to User Administration. And it only shows 2 catalogs: information_schema and test. So I don't think there are any MediaPortal databases in MySQL. And I don't have MSSQL installed. So it's a complete mystery.

And after 3 hours, not worth pursuing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom