EPG for Australia (1 Viewer)

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
There always seemed to be a number of options for getting this running, I played around with a few about 6 months ago when I initially setup MP, after a while it just stopped working and I decided that it wasn't worth the time investment to get it working again.

I'm setting up a new PC with mediaportal now and I figure I'll give it one go to see if I can have this new machine use EPG - so I just want to get a quick response from here as to what EPG service/setup people in Australia are using.

Does WebEPG work for us Aussies? https://www.team-mediaportal.com/manual/MediaPortalSetup_WebEPG
Last time I tried I couldn't get it to go

So ... What are my options?

:D

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ICETV ( http://www.icetv.com.au/ ) is the way to go if you don't mind paying... I think it's reasonably priced and you also get peace of mind.

I have played with free solutions in the past, but like you said it can just stop working at any time ... i got sick of it in the end.

cheers

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Yea I'm not interested in paying at all. I barely ever watch TV (maybe 30 mins a month?) only reason I even have a tuner is because it was sitting around. I figured if i had a guild I'd maybe record 1 show a week or something. So only looking for free solutions here

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    I've PM'ed him to get the files he uses (strange there's no links?) I'm still interested to hear what others are using - I'd start a poll but I don't know what the options are :p

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have tried pretty much all the options over the past few years and I have settled on GuideDigger - it is easy to setup, quick to get the EPG updates and has been very reliable .... :D

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    I have tried pretty much all the options over the past few years and I have settled on GuideDigger - it is easy to setup, quick to get the EPG updates and has been very reliable .... :D

Already clicked the thanks button but could you give a URL or something? google isn't really taking me where I want to go on this one.

edit: I think this is Angusmann's application?

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    I use the XMLTV download tool from epgstream.net. It's free and works well - it just downloads the XMLTV file, then I use the XMLTV plug-in inside the TV Service to load the file in whenever it detects a new one. Perfect!

Cheers,
    Craig

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I've found Big Kev's EPG Grabber for the TV Service (look under TV Server community plugins) to be very dependable. I run it constantly.. It depends on the free oztivo stuff from memory.

Cheers
    erosco

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom