EPG for Australia (2 Viewers)

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
I've found Big Kev's EPG Grabber for the TV Service (look under TV Server community plugins) to be very dependable. I run it constantly.. It depends on the free oztivo stuff from memory.

Cheers
erosco

Just installed it to have a test-run but it depends on SQL, I'm not using a TV server, but I suppose I could install it. Is there an advantage to writing directly to an SQL? will media portal refresh the EPG on the fly? If I remember correctly xml only refreshed when loading the media portal application or manually initiating the refresh from the EPG screen. I could be wrong however

aidbish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2007
    righthandside 3/4 way up
    I have just moved to using WebEPG this scrapes yahoo for the tv info. had to modify it a bit to get regional QLD info.
    i was using Big kev's solution, which worked great but i have found lately that ovtivo was missing a lot of data, maybe this is only because of being in regional QLD area.

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    I have just moved to using WebEPG this scrapes yahoo for the tv info. had to modify it a bit to get regional QLD info.
    i was using Big kev's solution, which worked great but i have found lately that ovtivo was missing a lot of data, maybe this is only because of being in regional QLD area.

This is the built in solution for MediaPortal you're talking about yes? was there any trick to getting it to work for Aus?

russtaylor

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    i used the setup instructions from here
    mediaportal Setting up WebEPG
    the builtin scrapper for australia maybe all you need, but i had to modify slightly to use regional QLD channels

Pretty much the same here. I've been using webepg for as long as I've been using the TVServer. Set it to Yahoo and works fine for Adelaide. Not much chop for the HD channels though. I use 'over the air' epg for them.

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    apoptygma,

Sorry I should have mentioned that it's only for TV Server installations (this can still be single seat). It does however support MySql databases for is your TV Server installation uses that rather than MS SQL Server.

Cheers
    erosco

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    i believe someone on here made a modified AUS scrapper XML to include the HD ones
    try a search , it should bring it up

No luck finding it in a forums search sorry

Can I suggest you do a search on these forums for Angusmann. His solutions works beautifully for me.

I've been waiting a while now for him to reply to my PM's could someone just send me the files? Would he really mind that much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom