EPG for Australia (1 Viewer)

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country

Well that combined with the builtin WebEPG grabber seems to work just fine :)

I get channel data but it's all completely wrong. I think I'm selecting the incorrect 'channels' to map each one to in WebEPG-conf.exe

Also I'm confused as to what selecting 'xmltv' in this screen does

It seems to have its own set of mappings compared to WebEPG-conf.exe

I'm completely lost now. How do I select the 'right' guides for SA?

fujistick

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Like others here, I've tried various EPG grabbers and scrapers over the years, but have recently switched to using WebEPG with the modified yahoo grabber xml file (linked above). For me this has been reliable and includes data for all FTA channels including the still analog community channel and all the digital SD and HD channels.

I get channel data but it's all completely wrong.

This could just be a guide data alignment issue due to time zones. In Brisbane we are GMT+10:00 hours. On the XmlTv Plugins Settings tab in TV Server Configuration, I had to "Apply time zone compensation when loading tvguide.xml" of -10 hours to align the guide data correctly. In SA you would probably use 9:30 hours or whatever it is down there. Just check the guide data first to confirm if it's only an alignment issue.

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
SouthEastSA doesn't seem to have any extra info that's relevant. I'm wondering how do i Duplicate channels? Or even re-arrange them in the guide? I've done it without the TV server but not with it and can't see options other than to flat out disable them

galileo65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2008
    Home Country
    I've been using the epgstream service for over a year without any problems. Great because regional areas with mixed analogue/digital services often don't get a lookin even with paid services like icetv which we use at work.

EPGStream help forum for setting up epgstream with MP here: epgStream.net Support Forum • View forum - MediaPortal (Windows)

Download "xmltv download" here(bottom of page): epgStream.net ? XMLTV: Download

Free to use but need to donate once to get the automatic scheduling option to be enabled.

Even survived the dalight savings disaster here in the west.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom