MP2 - V2.3 EPG Frustration................ (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks I'll disable it and see what happens, I have gone through the set up again for the epg grabber as per the instructions on the page sent, how long should it take to start propagating the data? I have had ITV on for 10 minutes but nothing is showing.

View attachment 206976

Do you enabled the options for the language and to store data for selected and grouped channels? Further try disabling CRC-Check

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
December 4, 2014
Home Country
Spain Spain
I too am in the process of migrating from TVmosaic to MediaPortal2.
I am wondering, how is it possible that TVmosaic just grabs the EPG data from the satellite channels, where MP seems to have a lot of problems, or, at least requires a lot of tweaking?

Bart

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I too am in the process of migrating from TVmosaic to MediaPortal2.
    I am wondering, how is it possible that TVmosaic just grabs the EPG data from the satellite channels, where MP seems to have a lot of problems, or, at least requires a lot of tweaking?
    First, grabbing EPG from DVB is also easy in MP2. DVB EPG data is very poor (few days and few information about the program). This is not the fault of MP, it's because the stations don't provide better data at all... But if this is enough for you you easily can use it. You only need to check one single checkbox in TV configuration tool for it...

Aside this TVMosaic had a payed service for EPG Data to get "better" data. Such payed services are available for other TV solutions (incl MP) too but you also can get "rich" data for free with some one time fiddling... I'm using my tool EPG-Buddy since many years without ever need to touch it as long as the data sources don't change essential things (around once in two years average).

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
    December 4, 2014
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    OK, I may not have found that single checkbox (yet).
    Up to now, I got only DVB EPG data for a few channels which were not even checked in the list of channels to grab EPG for.
    All my relevant channels got nothing.

I did not use the extra payed service of TVmosaic, but I get enough data for normal daily use.

Bart

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
    December 4, 2014
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    No, not really. I already have looked at it many times, but I did not make much progress.
    That is why I thought to give EPG-buddy a try.

Also a handicap is that I don't have much testing time, because my household does not allow me more!

Thanks for your help anyway!

Bart

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
    December 4, 2014
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Now I finally have DVB-S EPG grabbing working!
    In the configuration I had selected only the languages that I am interested in.
    Now I have changed that to all languages and now I have EPG working!

Regards,

Bart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom