EPG grabber development (1 Viewer)

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi all EPG developers,

I often see a number of self developed EPG grabbers posted to the forum. It is good to see people developing programs to help themselves and then posting them here to help others.

However, I would like to suggest that if anyone would like to develop a grabber. I would be very happy for some help with WebEPG.

This is also a call to any other developers out there, who would like to help out on MP but don't know were to start. Then I know that many of then other plugin developers would also be happy for some help. So pick your favorate plugin and just send a message to the developer or post on the forum.

Cheers,

/James

Agree

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2005
    Hi ALL Developers,

it would be very funny to get some Developers who will help out with the MyTV section in MP, because it would be nice to have tv running stable, and not only the EPG. EPG is a nice feature,indeed, but its pretty useless without TV capture i think.

So all devs please give it a try and come to IRC and lets talk about that...

Thank you guys! CU on IRC: EFNet channel #mediaportal

Agree

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Dragongc,

First find some guide web sites. More is always better. Currently WebEPG supports sites that have the listing data running down the page (not across). It also needs to be possible to have one channel per page and a control the whole thing via options on the URL.

If you don't know where to look here is a good start: http://www.tvzap.com/tv-guide/29

Compare the available Polish ones with sites that are already supported. Also check to see if the data is good. Some sites have data that has errors.

Post here if you need more help.

Cheers,

/James

Goahead

Portal Member
    January 27, 2006
    New option needed

Hi James and All :)

This is by far the best epg grabber out there, at least it works for my country. PT

My problem is that i use MP and MCE, and i cant convert tvguide.xml to the MCE format using QuickGuide (i get some errors) and i cant find any converter for it.

Is it possible to make an option to output both formats into diferent directories?

Or please point me to an easy solution if theres any solution

Thanks in advance
    Goahead

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: New option needed

Goahead said:
    Hi James and All :)

This is by far the best epg grabber out there, at least it works for my country. PT

My problem is that i use MP and MCE, and i cant convert tvguide.xml to the MCE format using QuickGuide (i get some errors) and i cant find any converter for it.

Is it possible to make an option to output both formats into diferent directories?

Or please point me to an easy solution if theres any solution

Thanks in advance
    Goahead

Yep - stop using MCE - easy as that. Will save you alot of trouble also 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom