EPG Grabber Stalls (1 Viewer)

Orbixx

March 8, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
When fetching EPG data over the DVB-T card, it stalls endlessly on the same channel. I have tried unticking that channel to prevent its respective EPG data from being fetched, but it just tries a different channel and still endlessly stalls.
All logs grabbed.

Steps to Reproduce:
Standard simple DBT-T setup, nothing esoteric. At least not user-facing.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    As you are in the UK, in the EPG grabber config try unticking all the channels, then just tick BBC1 and ITV1 - any of the Freeview 'muxes' carry the EPG data for *all* channels, so you don't need to grab from every channel, just a few of the 'always on' channels.

The stall is possibly because the channel is part-time and is off-air at the time.

Orbixx

March 8, 2013
    Home Country
    That's great, thank you very much. Sorry, the fact it stalled without any error made me assume it was a bug.

Orbixx

March 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Yeah, it suddenly grabbed it by itself later today; at the time of this thread's creation I was configuring Mediaportal whilst that channel was off air. It seems that you were right about the channel being offline causing the issue. Perhaps you can alter the EPG grabber to time out after a certain amount of time and move on to a different channel to try and grab some EPG data?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TNX for the feedback Orbixx ;)

The stall is possibly because the channel is part-time and is off-air at the time.
    Tony, do we consider this as a bug? Or can we somehow prevent this stall to happen on 'off air' channels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom