CPU Type: Intel Celeron 3.2
HDD: 160 GB
Memory: 512 MB
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Realtek ALC 655 (Integrated)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WINTV-HVR 1300
1. TV Card Type: analog, DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppauge WINTV-HVR 1300
2. TV Card Type: analog, DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia PureVideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite

Hi.

It seams lika the EPG import in TV-server doesn't work like it should.
I use WebEPG on the client to get the TVGuide.xml and then I have set up in th TV-server to look at that folder for that file, but it seams like th TV-server update in a strange way, because for example the program thats on thuesday next week is the same as the program last week. I know its from last week bacause there is a program that says ishockey-vm and thats over as everyone knows. I have tried to export the program from the database, but I dont know how to do that and I have checked the TVGuide.xml and there its right, so I dont know whats wrong.

If anyone know how to do an export from the db then i will post that and the tvguide.xml here. I suppose that its the dbo.program that holds the EPG that showes in MP?

Anyone else who have the same problem?

The Tv-server setup says that it have imported 18 channels and 4880 programs and that the file where imported successfully. The import where finished 2-3 minutes later then the TVGuide.xml where created, so it seams like its the right file that has been imported.

I hope you understand what I mean with this, if there's any question just post them and I shall try to answer them.

One more strange thing is that it seams like its only one day thats wrong, so its not that big thing, but still a bit annoying
/Juppe

mpfrank

Portal Pro
November 6, 2006
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Do you still have this problem?

May be you should try this:

1. Delete your current TVguide.xml in the XMLTV Folder of MediaPortal
2. In TV-Server setup->manual control press "Refresh EPG
3. Check in MediaPortal if all info in ProgramGuide is deleted. If not check again step 1 that no TVGuide.xml file exists for tvserver to import and proceed with step two.
4. Stop TVservice
5. Run wegepg.exe and wait until TVGuide.xml is created
6. Check if the data is correct in this TVGuide.xml
7. Start TVService
8. Open TVServer Setup and wait until TVGuide.xml is imported and if there are error messages.
9. If import is done correctly you can start MP Client and check again ProgramGuide after a while.

The informations should be imported correctly.

Good luck & regards
mpFrank

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes, the problem is still here, a saw it yesterday again. I know that I can delete all from the db and then do a new import with WebEPG and all that, but the thing is that it shall be done automaticly.
Yesterday(Wednesday) when I saw it again, it was sundays programs that was in the EPG for yesterday. I hope someone can take a look at this. Isn't there anyone else that have seen this problem?

mpfrank

Portal Pro
November 6, 2006
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Juppe,

I think there is something wrong with EPG import in gerneral.
I now got the problem that not all epg information for imported channels is displayed in MP. There is "no program information available" entry in MP display but the channel information is in TVGuide.xml and I checked that it is in SQL database too. But MP will not display it at all.

Another phenomen is that some channel information has time offset and some not so that some information fits to the program running and other not :(

I think I'll swith back to DVB-EPG until there is a solution for this.

I even uninstalled TVServer, TVClient, deleted tvlibraray database and reinstalled from scratch. The problem is still there.....

Kind regards
mpFrank

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK, is there anyone that can confirm this bug and put it into mantis?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Have you runned the WebEPG.exe to update the xml file?

Regards
    Roy

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That is done by MP every night, so I shouldn't have to do that.
    Isn't there anyone that use this way to import EPG to MP?
    Because it seems like its only me an mpfrank that have this problem.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Try to run WebEPG.exe in MediaPortal folder & check.

Regards
    Roy

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Now it will not do any difference, because I deleted every program from the database last night and run WebEPG and tv-server imported the new xml-file.
    What should the difference be if I did run WebEPG manual or if MP did it, because I see that the xml-file is newly created, so I dont see the meaning of that?
    But when I see this problem again I will run WebEPG.
    Is there anyone that know how to export the program table from the database to a file, please let me know then, its easier to compare the export from db with the xml-file.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The reason was if it didn't update, i use WebEPG i have windows tasks to run it & it works here, but i have a pretty new install so that could be the case here.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom