EPG: "NO DATA AVAILABLE" on all channels. (1 Viewer)

gemtech

August 5, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hiya, I'm using MediaPortal v1.8.0, DVB-T, Windows 8, TV EPG Grabber, in the UK.

Had to retune recently and where i can now view all channels, i now can't get data for any of them... schoolboy error somewhere i reckon but could do with some fresh eyes. Please see the screen dumps below... any ideas?? thanks in advance if you do. cheers gg:

Did my scan and got all the channels i need (deleted duplicates and shopping/babestation/gayrabbit etc)....
upload_2014-8-5_21-20-47.png

same settings as I had previously so nothing fancy here....
upload_2014-8-5_21-22-17.png

all channels in english....
upload_2014-8-5_21-23-42.png

start up tvguide and BOOM!... nothing.
upload_2014-8-5_21-27-8.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

According to your settings, TV Server will only grab EPG while you're actually viewing or recording channels... so have you done that?

mm

gemtech

August 5, 2014
    Home Country
    Hiya, thanks for the help.. looking at my settings are you saying i should have the "EPG Grabbing while idle" enabled checkbox ticked?? will try that out when i get home - i have definitely seen previously that the data only loads when you access the channel, but, from the last screen dump it can be seen that i am already watching live tv on beeb1, so, going by your rationale i should therefore be able to see the data for that channel.. or have i misinterpreted.. .x cheers, gg

gemtech

August 5, 2014
    Home Country
    Nah - this made no difference - is there any log files i can access to try and debug this - its like a register is set wrong somewhere disabling the data capture or something, i mean the tv-server is good as the channels and other features etc configure fine, its the more the next stage after that... using the tv-egg grabber it must get the data via the dongle along with the tv-stream.. i think my question is where can i get access to the shared registers between the tv-server sw and dongle that configure the epg functionality, and what exactly should i be looking for in them?... hmmm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is there any log files i can access to try and debug this
    Assuming MediaPortal and TV Server are installed on the same PC, please use the watchdog with option 3 to grab a zip file of the logs:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

If TV Server is installed without MediaPortal:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click open log directory in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up all the files in that folder.
    4. Post/attach the zip file here.

gemtech

August 5, 2014
    Home Country
    thanks for the help, but i did a reinstall and that fixed it for me.

vcrpro3

Portal Member
    April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the same situatiion going on (Phoenix,AZ-OTA) now at the point to which i have progress with station call signs and channel numbers displayed. I attched the watchdog file, i hope this can help steer me in the right direction to get this part working

Hiya, I'm using MediaPortal v1.8.0, DVB-T, Windows 8, TV EPG Grabber, in the UK.

Had to retune recently and where i can now view all channels, i now can't get data for any of them... schoolboy error somewhere i reckon but could do with some fresh eyes. Please see the screen dumps below... any ideas?? thanks in advance if you do. cheers gg:

Did my scan and got all the channels i need (deleted duplicates and shopping/babestation/gayrabbit etc)....
    View attachment 153814

same settings as I had previously so nothing fancy here....
    View attachment 153815

all channels in english....
    View attachment 153816

start up tvguide and BOOM!... nothing.
    View attachment 153817

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I attched the watchdog file...
    In this particular case the log files don't enable us to help you.
    Please attach screenshots of each of the tabs in the TV Server Configuration -> plugins -> XMLTV Import plugin.

vcrpro3

Portal Member
    April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In the xmltv mappings tab, i slect the station selection that does not show the call letters, but has the same prefix number and frequency and hit save when i am done and close the application. When i go back to check, the selection with the channel call signs is there. In the image of the mappings, the top 2 are how i select, the rest are what it defaults back to.. I hope i am clear in my explanation...Also, no matter how i set the drop down boxes for the stations, i do not get the 'yellow' match indication..
    2.png
    1.png
    3.png

I attched the watchdog file...
    In this particular case the log files don't enable us to help you.
    Please attach screenshots of each of the tabs in the TV Server Configuration -> plugins -> XMLTV Import plugin.
    --- Post updated ---
    I am thinking that from poor signal quality, i might not be getting the program info...don't know enough to be certain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom