EPG: "NO DATA AVAILABLE" on all channels. (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the xmltv mappings tab, i slect the station selection that does not show the call letters, but has the same prefix number and frequency...
    When i go back to check, the selection with the channel call signs is there. In the image of the mappings, the top 2 are how i select, the rest are what it defaults back to.
    You're making it sound really complicated... and it just isn't [complicated].

There is not always only one right guide channel option.

For example, just look at the "KSAZ SD" channel shown in your screenshot. Any guide channel with "KSAZ" in the name is obviously going to be okay, and if KSAZ is channel 69 then so is any guide channel with 69 in the name. So, ALL of the following options are fine:
    • KSAZDT
    • 69 KSAZDT
    THEY ALL GIVE THE SAME PROGRAM INFO.

It doesn't matter if you select "69" and the selection defaults back to "69 KSAZDT". When that happens, it's telling you that "69" and "69 KSAZDT" are the same. They give you the same program info.

It's not complicated, honestly! :)

Also, no matter how i set the drop down boxes for the stations, i do not get the 'yellow' match indication.
    I have no idea where you got the idea that there should be a yellow match indication, but let me clear this up for you here and now: there is no such yellow match indication. You won't get one. The selections shown in your screenshot are saved and fine. You don't need to worry. Again, it isn't as complicated as you seem to think it is.

I am thinking that from poor signal quality, i might not be getting the program info...don't know enough to be certain.
    Nope. With the greatest respect, your guess is not even close. The XMLTV plugin doesn't require a tuner in order to acquire program info. Therefore signal quality is irrelevant.

The problem is shown in your first screenshot. Read the "import status report" section:
    Total channels imported: 60
    Total programs imported: 0

Zero programs have been imported, so you have no program info.
    In order to import programs, you need to click "import" after saving changes on the mapping tab.

vcrpro3

Portal Member
    April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Another thing has got me thinking that my windows 10 install is corrupt. While working on some videos in Nero, my browser, which i had minimized popped back into full screen and navigated by itself to my email. The mail pane started scrolling itself (i tried countering by manually scrolling up and disconnecting my trackball, kept on self scrolling), the message popped(again with no input from me) 'do yo want to delete messages). The computer then decided to shut down and update windows(again with no input from me)..I had all of my security software running at this point and windows update turned off in services....see y'all later when i get a windows 8.1 OS back up and running....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    While working...
    What you've described here sounds like Windows preparing for an automatic update and/or reboot. As you are no doubt aware, Windows 10 does install updates automatically. I don't use W10, but I'm told automatic updates can be prevented via the registry or a config policy.

see y'all later when i get a windows 8.1 OS back up and running....
    Yep, sure. Whatever works best for you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom