EPG Problem - No data ever show in MP (1 Viewer)

phillipjfry

Portal Member
February 14, 2007
Home Country
Hey Guys,

Im from Melbourne, Australia and love media portal. I have everything working apart from EPG. No matter what I cant get it working. I'm trying to use webEPG. Is there a tutorial on doing tihs... I mean a real step by step because I have tried for 4 days and just cant get it to work.

Please Help

phillipjfry

Portal Member
February 14, 2007
Home Country
Almost there. Great news... I can see the data for all my channels. only problem is that the data seems to be about 6 hours behind where it should be.

it shows on my guide 9am with kary ann and above that my media center shows 3:30 as it is the current time... do I need to set offset somewhere?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You shouldn't need to set any off-set times at all. Make sure that nothing is set in Mediaportal Setup -> Television -> Program guide.

Does the data in the TVGuide.xml have the correct times?

What source have you nominated to pull the data from?

Can you provide a specific example?

phillipjfry

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey Mate. Thanks for your help so far. I have not sett any offset in the options. I have also not check the box that says get times from XML. the information is coming from the source "6-minnie.tuhs.org"

I dont know where to look in the XML file to see if the times are correct. Should I post my xml file?

phillipjfry

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    OK here is my xml file attached in a txt file. Thanks for all your help so far. really looking forward to resolving this issue

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hmmmm - this is weird. I have just had a look at your TVGuide.xml file and it has all the times 6 hours later than they should be .... :(

For example, I looked at this schedule on ABC TV

Bob The Builder – at 09:00 on 21-02-2007

In my TVGuide.xml file it is listed as:-

<programme start="20070221090000" stop="20070221091000" channel="abc-vic@abc.net.au">
    <title>Bob the Builder</title>

which is correct (start time is 2007-02-21 09:00:00)

But in your TVGuide.xml it is listed as:-

<programme start="20070221150000" stop="20070221151000" channel="abc-vic@abc.net.au">
    <title>Bob the Builder</title>

which is incorrect (start time is 2007-02-21 15:00:00) - 6 hours later!

I really don't know where the 6-hour discrepancy is coming from .... :confused:

What version of MediaPortal are you using ?

I wonder if this was a bug in WebEPG at some point, that was fixed in a SVN?

What timezone is your Windows (XP or MCE?) set to?

phillipjfry

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey Taipan it was my time setting to Canada LOL. thanks mate it's all working and i love it. Thanks so much for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom