EPG problems - channel specific (1 Viewer)

Scoobsheister

Portal Pro
June 21, 2006
i'm using an SVN dated the 21st and i seem to have a problem with one of the regional channels tv guide settings. There was no problem when using the last stable build so i don't know if possibly it is something wrong with the SVN or maybe the website the information is obtained from has changed it's layout.

Anyway the problem i am having is with a channel called UTV, with data for the tvguide obtained from http://www.mydigiguide.com. The description is not being parsed from the website into the right place - I have a blank box where the description should be and instead the description is tacked on to the end of the genre. For example category is listed as:

News)
The latest news from across Northern Ireland, followed by farming weather.
(Widescreen, Subtitles)

I notice that in the xml file that WebEPG creates a description field is missing for all the entries to do with UTV and the category field has category and description. i.e.:

<programme start="20061224131000" channel="u.tv">
<title>UTV Live News and Farming Weather</title>
<category>News)
The latest news from across Northern Ireland, followed by farming weather.
(Widescreen, Subtitles)</category>
</programme>

This only seems to be happening with the one channel and i haved tried earlier SVNs of the 12th and the 18th and have found similar issues

Am reluctant to return to 0.2.1 stable build to check if it is an issue with the SVN or the website as i don't want to have to reset my settings

EDIT: Just noticed something about a new stable build so i might give that a try

EDIT2: Tried the new stable build and still no luck, radiotimes seems to have the channel listed under Ulster (channel 38) if this could be added to WebEPG i'm sure this would solve the problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rob Hexenmeister Navigation problems adding menu buttons to EPG General Support 1
404 [solved] EPG problem after Win10 'upgrade' General Support 1
framug [EPG] Some problems with DVB EPG Improvement Suggestions 49
G Newb trying MP2, trouble with guide data General 5
Y TSS 400 MKII SAT>IP WDR HD Lokalzeit und EPG Problem TV / Streaming 18
J Short User Report - trying MP2 General 3
D EPG No Data General Support 2
D [solved] EPG Data off by -20 hours? General 10
G Q about scheduling weekly series when epg lists duplicate back to back episodes each week General Support 2
F Mini EPG more information? WMC Skin 4
N No TV or EPG on fresh install General 0
framug No color in TVGuide when XMLTV without DVB EPG MediaPortal 1 Talk 59
T Freesat EPG in UK anyone? Electronic Program Guide 78
Dark Eyes TVService locks up or fails to restart on resuming from sleep, and crashes when grabbing EPG Installation, configuration support 7
G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2
CyberSimian [fixed] MP1-4990 : Improve horizontal scrolling in the EPG MediaPortal 1 10
D [solved] EPG Buddy for MP2 - Does it work? General 5
J Understanding what EPG shows about schedules General 8
geotwticher TV Guide EPG Grabber for Australia 2020 RIP freepg.tv General 4
B [solved] MP2.2.3 TV Guide not scrolling with mouse wheel General 2
HTPCSourcer Special (foreign) characters don't display correctly in EPG MediaPortal 2 4
B How to Search MP2 for Movies only in 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna General 3
F EPG Buddy download Plugins & Erweiterungen 1
P Timeshifting in XMLTV General 2
J Odd issues with Freesat EPG - MP2 General 18