EPG program with search/favorites/"smart search" f (1 Viewer)

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
I would like to have, either in the current EPG or in an alternative, a "smart" search and recording feature-set. I would like to be able to do as many of the following as possible:
1) be able to say "add to record-schedule any program that comes up in future w/"DUNE" in titles
2) be able to resolve conflicts between current records and those found by rule-1
3) record all showings of "SIENFELD" in future on any channel
3) season pass (of course) for one time-slot/ channel

very TIVO-like I guess, but #1 and #2 are very important

any help or suggestions are welcome.

Patrick

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I'm not sure if partial matching like "DUNE" is available, but I believe that 2), 3) and 4) are in MediaPortal right now.

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
That kind of depends on what you mean by number 2. MediaPortal warns you that there is a conflict, but to my experience that's all. It would be nice if it could somehow check if the show is scheduled to run again and if so, record it at that time instead.

Numbers 3 and 4 are currently possible in MP.

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
yeah, I'm aware that basically 3) and 4) are currently enabled. What I am seeking is a solution that allows the inclusion of 1) and 2). I would like to have the system allow me to enter in progam names, movie names, possibly even actors and/or keywords, and when the EPG listings are updated it would scan the new listings for matches and auto add them. I would not even mind if it didnt add them auto, but gave me a warning or reminder.

now on adding the new entries the system should be able to correct any resolutions. I should be able to set a priority for recordings, such as 1-4, and the higher priority takes precendence and the lower priority will then find a second time slot if it is on multiple times.

too much to ask for???

Patrick

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
yeah, I'm already "posted" on that thread as well. seems like it very well could be what I want

If I can get #1 going (auto-select recordings based on keywords) and then #2 based on #1 (auto-resolution conflict between my own set recordings and those found bvy #1) I will be SO HAPPY...

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom