EPG Service and utilities (1 Viewer)

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Had a look at tvxb but I decided not to use it since I guess you run into the same problems as with WebEPG, i.e. dagenstv.com changes the layout rendering the EPG grabber not working.

I'll use plain xmltv(swedb) until heerfort gets the problem sorted out.

Does that mean you tried it and it didn't work..?!?
    Works perfect for me.
    But of course, I'm also waiting for heerfort to update his alot faster grabber..

No I didn't try it, it's more a fear of what will happen if for instance dagenstv.com changes their layout. Used to use WebEPG for approx 2 years which used the same "technology", consumes to much of my time ;)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    will this work with UK satellite - and will it get a full EPG?

At the moment in mediaportal I use digiguide and bertles xmltvgui to extract the data from digiguide and give me a very good guide listing - just wondered if the EPG that is in this project would be able to replace that, and if so how it would compare?

Thanks

bob808

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use to use this as I found it to be the most stable grabber out there.
    But now, although I only have comhems "grundutbud" 14 channels I cant get data for all of them Kanal 9 is missing.
    And for those it can get it is only 7 days which I think is a little short.

Are there any that share my problem, and if so what are you using now?

I have tried the bundled WebEPG that comes with MediaPortal but I dont find it to be all that stable. If I let it run automatic I usually get a empty tvguide.xml file.
    If I run it, it just works...

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    umlaut: Like you I'm on ComHem and I also used to use this EPG but got tired since it stopped working for months and no feedback on what was wrong and when it was going to be corrected.
    I switched to TVxb (see previous post in this thread) and it has been working flawless for two months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom