EPG Service and utilities (1 Viewer)

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Hi all,

I have started this thread to do support to the various utilities I have created for the Mediaportal.

The Nordic EPG Service has just been updated to include all ComHem.se channels.

All can also be downloaded from http://www.heerfordt.com

Rgs,
Heerfordt

xodeon

December 10, 2007
Is MCE required?

Hi,

Is MCE vista or MCE 2005 required for this to work or does a direct MediaPortal TVEngineV3 (with your plugin) -> Xbox 360 connection also work?

Thanx

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Hi,

Yes, MCE2005 or Vista Mediacenter is a requirement to establish the connection to the XBOX360. The rumored new version 2 of the mediaportal should have native extender support.

/Heerfordt.

orgabeke

Portal Member
December 10, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
TV2, TV2 Extra & TV Norge (Norway)

Hi,

Today I discovered that the epg is not updated. After trying everything I could think of including installing the latest svn, I downloaded your epg application. It works pretty good, except I don't get program listing for TV2, TV2 Extra and TV Norge. Do you have any suggestion to how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance.
GB

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Hi GB,

Thank you for using the EPGService. The channels that you meantion should already be included in the tvguide.

If you take a look at the downloaded XMLTv Guide you should be able to find the following entries.:

ch116.viasat.heerfordt.com - TV2 Zebra (TV2 Extra)
ch73.viasat.heerfordt.com - TV Norge
ch37.viasat.heerfordt.com - TV2

I have just verified the data fra lateste tvguide from norway, and the programs are there.

Maybe your mappings is wrong ?. or try to check the "delete programs before importing" and then press import again.

Rgs.
Heerfordt.

Nogge69

Portal Pro
January 20, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi.

I cannot find the following channels in the mappings:

Animal Planet
Showtime
The Voice TV
Eurosport

Using Norwegian setup.
Are they missing, or am i doing something wrong.

orgabeke

Portal Member
December 10, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
If you take a look at the downloaded XMLTv Guide you should be able to find the following entries.:

ch116.viasat.heerfordt.com - TV2 Zebra (TV2 Extra)
ch73.viasat.heerfordt.com - TV Norge
ch37.viasat.heerfordt.com - TV2

Maybe your mappings is wrong ?. or try to check the "delete programs before importing" and then press import again.

Hi again,

Sorry about the late reply. I do find the channels in the XMLTv Guide. Do you mean mappings under Settings, TC, XMLTV epg grabber? In that case no and for some reason MP will not save it when I change the mappings. Could you please outline the necessery steps needed to do to get the EPG service to work? If the reason it is not working is because the mappings is wrong I have to figure out why that is, but I would appreciate any information about what is neccessary to get it working.

Update: just noticed that I'm missing epg information for several more channels. Discovery, Animal Planet, National Geo, Disney and more.

Regards,
GB

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
I tried out this new grabber yesterday and it seemed to work fine, but today I had no guide (I checked delete old guide before import) And I see the following in log:

2007-12-13 18:33:57.698482 [1]: XML tv import error loading H:\EPG\tvguide.xml err:'', hexadecimal value 0x13, is an invalid character. Line 10877, position 117.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowInvalidChar(Int32 pos, Char invChar)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.SkipSubtree()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToNextSibling(String name)
at TvEngine.XMLTVImport.Import(String fileName, Boolean showProgress)

I use the norwegian grabber, and I'm missing the following channels:
Canal+ Sport Extra
NRK Ekstra
TV2 Sport
TV2 Nyhetskanalen
FEM
3sat
RTL
TV5 Monde
Euronews
VIVA
DR1
Discovery
Eurosport

Is it possible to add channels manually or is it hardcoded in the service ? I also wonder how the channel logo is supposed to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom