EPG Update Stutter (1 Viewer)

Koenjer

Portal Member
July 7, 2009
Hi There,

I started playing with mediaportal in 2009 and from that point on I have a annoying issue with the EPG.
I'm using my third mediacenter build right now and on all of the builds I had this issue.

When switching to a channel, is tunes OK within 3-4 seconds. After around 2-3 minutes the EPG updates itself and I have a major stutter, losing audio for a second and after that it runs fine for a very long time. But changing to a different channel will result in again after 2-3 minutes a major stutter.

Switching off the option "update EPG while timeshifting" solves the problem, but then my EPG is not updated enough and I get holes in my EPG.

The EPG is grabbed by the DVB-C TVcard.(floppyDTV)

I tried several options like:
- record timeshift in a Ramdisk
- Give the mySQL.exe a higher priority
- Give the tvservice.exe a higher priority

Nothing solves the issue. Even with XBMC as frontend the problem is still there.

Any one an idea how to solve this issue?

Koenjer

Portal Member
July 7, 2009
Hi Zunixnuz,

What kind DVB-C card do you use? Maybe it's related to the card itself. I'm using a Floppy DTV (firewire).

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
I also use a Floppy DTV with firewire (see also my System Specs)
but i don't think that the card is the reason of the problem.

Koenjer

Portal Member
July 7, 2009
I also use a Floppy DTV with firewire (see also my System Specs)
but i don't think that the card is the reason of the problem.

well, looking at the amount of threads referring this problem, there are not a lot of people with this issue.
I also tried XBMC as front-end, XBMC is applying a 2-3second buffer on the TV stream. With XBMC I don't get a audio stutter but green colors for 2 seconds.

That's why I did the assumption there is something wrong with the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom