Episode count guide and unable to stream TV series and movies (1 Viewer)

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This looks like a MpExtended problem, are you maybe using an old versions of mp-tvseries/mopi? Could you send me your tvseries database (best via private message).

Can you try and see if WebMP works on your system?

i think i am being slow - cant see a way to attach the tvdatabase in a PM, so its attached here - let me know when you are done with it then I will remove it.

Attachments

• TVSeriesDatabase4.rar
    1.4 MB

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
UPDATE - i seem to have missed a trick - had to make mp extended start from a different user account - that seems to have sorted out the streaming, which works now.

However, season and episode counts are completely wrong in ampdroid, but correct in MP Tv series. Is it something in my TV series database? I get a lot of phantom Season 0's, with no episodes attached to them. Oxan says this will be fixed for next release, but makes me wonder why no one else is seeing this?

Thanks to all who have responded

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    UPDATE - i seem to have missed a trick - had to make mp extended start from a different user account - that seems to have sorted out the streaming, which works now.

However, season and episode counts are completely wrong in ampdroid, but correct in MP Tv series. Is it something in my TV series database? I get a lot of phantom Season 0's, with no episodes attached to them. Oxan says this will be fixed for next release, but makes me wonder why no one else is seeing this?

Didn't you say all your files were on the local disk????

I think the episode count shows how many episodes a season has (not how many you actually have on your disk)... Season 0 are specials, I think noone has responded because noone really cared if it showed season 0 or not...

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    All my files are indeed on the local disk - i have no NAS or remote computer and just one HTPC. not sure i'm following your question...

Thanks for the clarification on the episode count issue - this seems to be a bit different from what i remember of ampdroid 0.8.
    thanks again for your help

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

You've a bit unusual database. Any chance you added much series manually or upgraded from an ancient MPTVSeries version? That would explain why other people don't experience it.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    no manually added TV shows, but I I've upgraded from a very old version. since then I know there has been a change to the SQL packaged with MP. should I delete my database and try populating it afresh?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It might help, or you can just wait till the MPExtended 0.5 release :)

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    many thanks oxan, I have reinstated the TV database from scratch and now the number of episodes shown in Ampdroid matches up exactly with what I actually have. also discovered that my SSD has been randomly disappearing from BIOS - this may be contributing to some of my troubles.

Out if interest when can we expect to see version 0.5 of MP extended? great work and thanks for your help. many paid for software products don't have this level of support and help - much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom