Episodes Parsed, Tagged, but Don't Appear (1 Viewer)

matthewmalek

September 27, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: 7 Ultimate

Ok, so I am using MP-TV Series to organize all my ripped tv shows. Of all the series that it worked wonderfully with, it seems that I have problems with The Office. I did all my episodes from all my series at the same time, and they all made it to the last screen of the importing process, including every episode of The Office. I went through all my series and made sure the episodes as I have them match what MP listed them as. Everything was looking good so I finished the import wizard and everything was working great, except now I cannot find some of my episodes of The Office.

The episodes in question are episodes 7 through 14 from each and every season (except the first, since that one only has 6 episodes anyway). I think it's strange that it would follow such a predicable and specific pattern, but I'm hoping this means that the solution is easier to track down.

If anyone has any ideas or wants me to test something, let me know. And, yes, the episodes all exist. I even played a few to make sure. I've even deleted The Office from my database and re-added it to no avail. Although, I now see that they appear to be missing at Step 3 of 4 (Identifying Episodes), so maybe I didn't really get past that part fine the first time through.

Thanks.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Are you sure you didnt match it to 'The Office' instead of 'The Office (US)' ? From what you describe with episodes 7+, you matched to the incorrect series.

To fix up, you can follow these steps:

1. Select the series in the GUI
    2. Invoke the menu by pressing 'Info' on the remote or F9 on keyboard
    3. Select 'Force Online Lookup for Series'
    4. In a few moments a dialog will appear where you can find another series to match against.
    5. Select 'The Office (US)'

matthewmalek

September 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Yeah, I'm sure. I've gone through a few times and made sure during every one. It seems like there is some sort of bug in order for it to occur in such a regular pattern.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK, if you still have problems...clear your DB and do another Import and attach your logs so we can see what is happening.

Also please ensure you running the latest version of TVSeries which is v2.6.2.

matthewmalek

September 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Ok, so I removed The Office from the database, and then reparsed things and ran the wizard. Something else funny happened. I added a couple new series to my collection, but I wasn't going to add them to MP just yet. When I parsed my collection for new episodes, they didn't show up, but a few of the special features did. I decided I'd worry about it later since I was just interested in adding The Office. So I went through the entire process and it turns out those series did get added without me ever seeing them in the wizard. The log will show this happening.

And, unfortunately, the same thing happened again. All episodes of The Office were parsed correctly, but then episodes 7-14 didn't show up from then on and they aren't added to the database.

PS: I'm running TVSeries v2.6.2.1231

Thanks for any help.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi matthewmalek, your log is empty, you must of restarted configuration before copying the log.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom