Episodes with "Season" in the title are translated by the plugin to your selected language (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have MP-TV Series set to Swedish, and if an episode, or episode description contains the word "season", it's translated to "säsong" if the series' info is in English. For example, http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=310516&seasonid=664014&id=5657622&lid=7 It makes sense to have the plugin properties translated, but not for episode/series name or summary.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It should only happen on the season level.

To me, it makes sense that only the plugin's labels should be translated by the plugin, plot and series/episode titles should be fetched from thetvdb as translated there, should the user want that. What do you mean specifically with "on the season level"? Maybe I'm just reading your reply wrong, language barrier and all. ;)

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    He means that if TVdB returns season description = "Season 1" via the API it should translate the English word 'Season' to the language defined. But if it encounters it elsewhere to not do so.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In this case their are no Swedish translation on TVdB, so the fallback language is then English - http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=The+Night+Of&language=sv

But as I see the problem is that a episode name string shouldn't be translated. The example was that episode name: "The Season of the Witch" becomes "The Säsong of the Witch" that is becoming wrong! Correct me if I'm wrong here @emphatic?!?

It's has been I while since I looked in the code and made the language change, but from I recollect the plugin doesn't translate episodes strings, but it takes the value string from the xml as is on the selected language. So something is wrong here...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Last edited:

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Okay @ltfearme.... As I understand the code (just quickly locked at it) it is translate everything in the DBTable. But there should then maybe be a rule of exceptions for the translation - And then that should be configurable... so yeah..;)

But I guess this problem goes away if you choose to make a Swedish translation of the Series on TVdB @emphatic :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    But I guess this problem goes away if you choose to make a Swedish translation of the Series on TVdB @emphatic :)

No time, I'm afraid. And it would be a "bad fix" as the issue would remain for all other languages supported by MP TV-Series.
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom