Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi I'm using windows 8 with MPExtender and im getting following error
Server Error in '/' Application

please help :)

details

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.SetUpCodegenDirectory(CompilationSection compilationSection) +706
System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +240

[HttpException (0x80004005): The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +658
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +95
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +189

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You have to grant the SYSTEM account write access to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files.

FYI: There have been some reports of the IIS Express edition being incompatible with Windows 8. That isn't fixed yet, so you might encouter some more problems if you want to run it on Windows 8. I think most have a solution somewhere on the forums, otherwise I'm sure that the IIS edition does work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom